Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Must Be Careful

Posted on 7:23 AM by Unknown
So here is the thing! I'm not going to go on and on about the Cheesehead Pharaoh since he is my boss.

Nuff said.

As was pointed out in a comment and something we here in the Deptment of Health know about is that little thing in the Bill that states.

the Governor has the power to implement changes to the state’s medical assistance programs without going through the legislative process. Changes would only require a “passive review” by the Joint Committee on Finance.

DOA (headed my Walker appointees) said Tuesdays Rally was 10,000 people.  They said Wednesdays rally was ALSO 10,000 people which was odd since it seemed to ME as being AT LEAST two or three times larger. (official estimates were 30,000)

At lunch hour I went out and snap some photos!



 
 The above did not included what I estimated 2000 UW students that came marching
in in a very orderly fashion.  The below REALLY had people getting emotional, it was pretty moving and almost scary!  That line passed for what seemed 10 minutes.  There seemed to be no end!

What I'm finding very interesting is the number of people that are taking this opportunity to teach their children about unions (without unions we would not have weekends, vacation days, sick leave, child labor laws and 40 hour weeks) and how Republicans are trying to take away worker rights while giving all rights to the employers to do whatever they want for any reason (If they do not like blacks they can just fire them).
------------------------------------------------------
In other news:

Ricky Weeks signed a 4 year $38.5 million deal.   The cool thing here is how owner Mark Attanasio the owner is really spending some buck.  This could be the richest Brewer team in history!

---------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow in 1926 or the 1st time every Billiards and Bowling Alleys were allowed to be open "for a limited time" on Sundays in Wisconsin.  Seems like we 're going back to the good ol' days doesn't it.

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ▼  February (20)
      • Chipping Sparrows are the new Scott Walker - BULLY
      • I'm very proud of the Democrats in the Assembly
      • Walker announces he must sell the Green Bay Packers
      • The Wisconsin 14 are winning another battle
      • Walker has worked tirelessly to bring jobs to Illi...
      • Greatest 3:53 Political Speech ever
      • The New Public Enemies
      • Scary
      • My God my heart is pounding so hard
      • Must Be Careful
      • Pitchers and Catchers report
      • Walkers Misinformation spree!
      • OH - It's War!
      • Who needs a coat! mmmmmmm Spirea! YUMMO!!
      • Bring on the heat!!!
      • Open For Business, 13 Months a Year
      • Never a Doubt
      • Search Continues for Jimmy the Stick
      • The Ground Hog Day Blizzard
      • I wish I was a stripper!
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile