Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, July 8, 2013

Flowers are blooming!

Posted on 6:35 AM by Unknown
HA - this is what happens when you try a little too hard for get extra distance on a disc and a little too much practice.   It did help my ball golf game in a weird way though.   I've had a horrible year at ball golf but last week, THIS happened 5 hours before league.

Lots of ice and Ibu and the 1st 4 holes was a little sore.  But then I realized that if I extended my arm on my drive a little more, not only did it not hurts so much - I was CRUSHING the ball!  A guy I was playing with is a big driver and I was always a few feet behind him in the 250 range. 

OAT - Off-Axis Torque injury
I'll make sure I hurt myself every Wednesday morning now  LOL 

DJ and I went out to Crystal Lake in Beaver Dam for a round and I had my first pain free round throwing the disc sidearm on my drives.  Worked out well (well, maybe pulled a groin a little but at my age if something is not hurting you are not doing enough) .  FREAKING hot though.  Didn't expect the sun to come out.  Holy crap the 10th hole was guarded by trees and we felt we were in a toaster.

-------------------------------------

I've been slowly getting ready for art fair season with Lake Mills, July 20th, being my first of the year.  Oddly I seem relaxed - I have my spreadsheets with the canopy layout all planned with two new sizes, 16x48 vertical panos.  Had a practice run at putting up the canopy and just getting more matting done.
--------------------------------------------

Elwood was over Saturday and we did basically nothing but drink IPA.  WTF!!  For years he never liked anything but dark beer.  I turned him on to Scurvy by Tyranena and all of a sudden he OLVES Pale Ales and IPA.

I took a few photos of the yard while we were doing nothing.


This is the view when sitting on out patio.  Problem is when there is no wind this area becomes a heat reservoir.  The cement and rocks just store all the heat. Great in winter, not so much in summer.   It'll be 10  degrees warmer then the surrounding area with less wind.


We have been working for a few years on getting the "under the deck" area to grow something.   Vinca didn't work out well and the few hostas were ravaged by wind.  BUT - Sweet Woodruff is LOVING the extra heat.   It's way bigger then it's suppose to be (not shown is the ground level Sweet Woodruff) .  We have Sweet Woodruff on steroids.

We're going to get a different trellis next year.  This one is not working out well for the (2nd year) clematis.   

OK - there is a problem, with so much foliage, it slows down the wind so mosquitoes can have an easier time eating you.

HOWEVER - when it gets really hot we can always put some chairs beside the house (also called the wind tunnel) and enjoy the greenery there


We're going to start on the front of the house next year (in theory).  Moving some things around and so forth.

BTW - if you are on Pintrest check out this ground cover page - great stuff.

 Rock Gardens & Ground Covers

-----------------------------------------

Have a great start of the week.

Rod

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ▼  July (9)
      • A week in a nutshell
      • Portrait day!
      • Save the Boobs, Cure the Assholes benefit!
      • All Royal Family Channel
      • Tuesday Blog
      • Tonto
      • Tuesday Stuff
      • Flowers are blooming!
      • Salt and lawyers.
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile