Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm very proud of the Democrats in the Assembly

Posted on 7:09 AM by Unknown
Parliamentary procedure is the body of rules, ethics, and customs governing meetings and other operations of clubs, organizations, legislative bodies, and other deliberative assemblies.

The question I have is if a body can just toss out the rules . . . . why even have Parliamentary procedure.


I'm not a big fan of Parliamentary procedure in the first place. Oh I see it's function in government and larger organizations but it is completely counter productive in small local groups!  It's a huge time waster and all it does is make people think they have more power then they actually do.

A small group will often form several committees and rather then everybody pitching in and working together they will tend to keep to themselves.  Then once the committee finally has a plan instead of actually DOING the plan it's voted on and deliberated and changed and then back to the committee for more planning and nothing really gets done. 

Parliamentary procedure slows the process of progress because in a small group there is typically a strong leader/friend that controls the votes!  People tend to not think for themselves.  Another flaw is that instead of getting SOMETHING done with small mistakes and errors the group is so concerned with getting everything PERFECT, that nothing ever gets done.

But then there is what happened earlier this morning in the Wisconsin Assembly.  The republicans decided that the rules of Parliamentary procedure really did not apply to them! The filibuster, which everyone who grew up in America learned about in school, is no longer valid because you can just vote, get up and walk out!  WHO KNEW!!!

If they knew you could do that Mr. Smith Goes to Washington would have been a much shorter movie!

Anyway -  Walker has once again acted like a baby and threatened that 200,000 children will lose medicaid unless the Democrats return!

So while the Assembly passed the bill (at the moment) to me it looks like the Democrat's won the battle. The Bill was suppose to be rubber stamped anyway.  A no brainer quicky vote. But in reality the Republicans broke the filibuster rules and to most everybody thinks they looked pretty bad.

BTW - every time I see Walker "urging lawmakers to return"  I actually see Walker "begging lawmakers to return" as this continues to spin out of control for him!     

While we applaud the Wisconsin 14 I am very proud of the Democrats in the Assembly - WELL DONE!! 

In other States what is happening in Wisconsin is having huge effects on other Republican Governors!  Indiana's governor urged GOP lawmakers to give up on a "right to work" bill for fear the backlash could derail the rest of his agenda. In Ohio, senators plan to soften a bill that would have banned all collective bargaining by state workers. And in Michigan, the Republican governor says he'd rather negotiate with public employees than pick a fight.

And in all this - Where the f*ck is Obama!   

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ▼  February (20)
      • Chipping Sparrows are the new Scott Walker - BULLY
      • I'm very proud of the Democrats in the Assembly
      • Walker announces he must sell the Green Bay Packers
      • The Wisconsin 14 are winning another battle
      • Walker has worked tirelessly to bring jobs to Illi...
      • Greatest 3:53 Political Speech ever
      • The New Public Enemies
      • Scary
      • My God my heart is pounding so hard
      • Must Be Careful
      • Pitchers and Catchers report
      • Walkers Misinformation spree!
      • OH - It's War!
      • Who needs a coat! mmmmmmm Spirea! YUMMO!!
      • Bring on the heat!!!
      • Open For Business, 13 Months a Year
      • Never a Doubt
      • Search Continues for Jimmy the Stick
      • The Ground Hog Day Blizzard
      • I wish I was a stripper!
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile