Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

American economy is not bad at all.

Posted on 6:57 AM by Unknown
 A friend who is code named "cathy" commented in the comments yesterday that a service called "Play On" might be something to look into when trying to get programs on to my TV. At the moment HBO GO can only be played on my computer.   So I was looking into Play On  and did a search in Google (the 9th wonder of the world).  I found this review for Play On.

"Not since Shania Twain bared her midriff, and gained legions of fans outside of the country music scene, has there been a disc that blatantly wears its intentions on its sleeve."

hmmmm - that seemed like an interesting crossover on describing the  service but I was not really catching the real meaning.  wait . . . . . OHHHH!!!!!   It's a DIFFERENT Play On.

Here is a REAL review and it seems legit.

Play On Review

My problem is that is it just a stop gap?  What if I get the service and all of a sudden it's really not needed.  I mean with cloud computing coming and we won't even need PCs anymore and being able to breath underwater with telephones in our heads and radios in our teeth . . . .

HEY - just thinking out loud here!!  what if  I invented a way to click my teeth and send Morse Code to friends!!  A NEW way to communicate. This could be the new face book.  TOOTH BOOK!!!  

-----------------------------------

My trailer purchase fell though - I was too late. sigh.  Better call uHaul for the Stoughton Art Fair May 19&20.  Man, renting will cost me 5% of the trailer!   grrrrr.

-----------------------------------

A couple photos from the back yard.

Saxifraga

The Tulips were a freebie from Jungs so I just planted them to see what they looked like. 


------------------------------------------

So - Wisconsin is dead last of all States in job creation.  SWEET!!  Well done Governor.  Well, he will fix things by cutting teacher salaries next year by up to 30%.  Walker passed a new bill which combined with Act 10 is a nightmare for teachers!  (who really needs teachers anyway - overrated public servants that stand around all day talking).

Cutting an pasting a little here . . . . . 

The new rule will prohibit school districts and other governmental bodies from including most so-called "add-ons" like paying for additional education.


For example, in the Monticello School District, the maximum a teacher could earn in the district was $52,927-- which is what someone who has a Masters degree, 24 hours of college credit and 12 years of experience is paid.  Under the new rule, the maximum a teacher will be able to earn  in future contracts is $38,167, which is the maximum for a teacher that has the minimum educational requirements, but many years of experience.

Not being a teacher and getting bored of this subject you can read the post here.

Boring teacher post that I really don't understand that much because my eyes gloss over.

ANYWAY - I was talking about the U.S. economy and really how good America is doing compared to the rest of the world.  When you talk macro-economics you really have to talk about the whole world.

Check out these numbers.

Greece - unemployment is 21.8%
Spain - unemployment is 23.6%
Portugal - unemployment is 15%
Italy - youth unemployment is 31.9%  (much less then the above 3 countries)

The U.S. unemployment is down 2% in the last two years to 8.5%.  We have added 4.1 million new jobs in the last 2 years. Growth is 2.5% which is slow but it's growth.  Consumer debt to income ratio is at it's lowest since 1994. Car sales are up and one very good indicator of the economy is RV sales which were up 35% over the same time period last year. My art is selling which tells me people have "extra" cash.

The US economy is doing fine considering just how deep of a hole we were in - HOWEVER - with the huge problems overseas it's not all wonderful.  Of course the Republicans are super quick to blame Obama which is so short sighted it's embarrassing. 

Don't listen to the doom and gloom conservatives. Even GOP-leaning economists are telling their party to tone down the rhetoric on the economy. 

Last years debt-ceiling showdown stalled the economy (conservatives LOVED that) and sliced 20% out of the stock market and that can not happen again.  It really seems that Republicans WANT America to fail just so they can say "we told you so".

Remember - when you listen to the news they WANT you to be worried so you will tune in tomorrow.

sigh!



Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ▼  April (13)
      • Horse Trainer FAIL!
      • American economy is not bad at all.
      • Genocide Remembrance Day - Եղեռնի զոհերի հիշատակի օր
      • Doodlebobs on Vicodin
      • The JELLYFISH POPULATION IS BOOMING
      • Betting the Farm
      • Mac vs. PC - seriously - who cares!!
      • Don't forget about your putter
      • Pissed!
      • Fantasy Draft
      • Brewers, Time Machines, Three Cups of Tea, Wind
      • More landscaping
      • Why Gas Prices Are NOT So Bad.
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile