Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Who needs a coat! mmmmmmm Spirea! YUMMO!!

Posted on 7:21 AM by Unknown
A pretty picture - I tried this with a frame - I like it!

 

This is a good size for computer backgrounds
---------------------------------------------------------
At 6:45 this morning it was -18 degrees in Columbus!!

I just cannot figure out people I see when coming to work. The are standing at a corner with a little black leather coat holding there ears shivering like, OH MY GOD NOBODY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE COLD TODAY!.  Do they not understand the concept of winter? Do they not know where they are?

If you are going to be drastically under dressed for -10 degrees you can not get any sympathy from me!

Then there are the bunnies in my yard!  I guess I know WHAT THEY LIKE.  Spirea! Three days ago I saw for the first time little bunny tracks that were so cute.  I saw more yesterday and this morning I went out to put more bird food in the feeder and WHOA!!! Little poops all around my Spirea which were eaten down to the snow level.

I guess along with the Burning Bush which I was told tastes like Filet Mignon to rabbits, NEXT year I'll guard the Spirea.
------------------------------------

Las Vegas did not love the Super Bowl. While Vegas did make money on the normal wagers (53% on the Packers and 47% on The Steelers) what totally killed them was that almost all of the Parlay bets were Packers -3 /OVER 45. There seemed to be a lot of Parlay wagering. BUT - as always they make a bundle on all the prop bets like who wins the coin toss and so forth.

Brewers are 12-1 to win the World Series!
---------------------------------------

Ready for higher food prices? Blame corn. The price of corn has almost doubled in the last year mostly do to ethanol. 24% of field corn goes to creating ethanol. Ethanol costs more per mile to run your machines and cars which is being passed on to consumers!

What I found confusing was that in Wisconsin we had the perfect corn year! Farmers said it was PERFECT!! Yet the National corn reserves are at a 15 year low!

--------------------------------------------

The warm is coming!! Next 10 day Highs

26
35 - Saturday
40 - Sunday
39
38
42
38
33 - Friday
34 - Sunday
--------------------------------------------------

Watched Justified on FX last night with Timothy Olyphant.  If you were a Deadwood fan the opening credits, I swear, were produced by the same guy that did the credits for Deadwood!!  Same exact style.  Plus Timothy plays ABOUT the same character as Bullock!  Very interesting show!  It's a little . . . out there with violence.  NOT a Network show!

Cheers
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ▼  February (20)
      • Chipping Sparrows are the new Scott Walker - BULLY
      • I'm very proud of the Democrats in the Assembly
      • Walker announces he must sell the Green Bay Packers
      • The Wisconsin 14 are winning another battle
      • Walker has worked tirelessly to bring jobs to Illi...
      • Greatest 3:53 Political Speech ever
      • The New Public Enemies
      • Scary
      • My God my heart is pounding so hard
      • Must Be Careful
      • Pitchers and Catchers report
      • Walkers Misinformation spree!
      • OH - It's War!
      • Who needs a coat! mmmmmmm Spirea! YUMMO!!
      • Bring on the heat!!!
      • Open For Business, 13 Months a Year
      • Never a Doubt
      • Search Continues for Jimmy the Stick
      • The Ground Hog Day Blizzard
      • I wish I was a stripper!
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile