Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, July 16, 2012

Pain in the ass Monday

Posted on 8:11 AM by Unknown
WOW - I get to work and I have a totally new computer - thing is they took our old ones and reformatted the hard drives so all of my work stuff for the State - GONE.  All my bookmarks for SAS are gone.

OH - I finally got into my email an I had a day warning asking me to make sure I should tell them what I needed saved.  TOO LATE   grrrrrr

What's funny is we now have all 2010 programs which hare way way different then the 2003 WORD, Excel and so forth.  So my stuff from home is now compatible.  BUT - anybody that did not have a new machine at home is floundering with totally different software.  
---------------------------------------------------------------------

On the way to work I had to take my cocktail pants to the cleaners - LAST CALL FOR MIXOLOGY!!    Buy your tickets at http://www.rawartists.org/madison/mixology   -  I'll have seven to eight of my images up on a 30 foot wall - HOWEVER - I won't have time to get my newest ones up of the B17 that came to Madison.

The B17 was nicknamed Aluminum Overcast and was delivered to the U.S. Army Air Corps on May 18, 1945 and is one of 12 Flying Fortresses still able to fly. It caries the colors of the 398 bomber group.

I went to Wisconsin Aviation Friday and took a lot of photos but with the crowds I was unable to get any great clear shots so I waited around and talked to EAA people asking about better times.  I was told that if I waited until the very end while they were shoeing people away I might get some clear shots!   



I think I'm going to make this into a large canvas piece.

DJ and I went to Art Fair on the Square and I did not see anybody with "my" subjects.  A TON of great great photographers and my buddy Cassius Callander's canopy was packed.  But no one had a B17.  :-)





Here is one with people and is totally different.


I'm trying to make art and art fairs accessible to males!  It's surprising how mane people liked my submarines photos! 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 Have a great Monday - keep cool - I have an amazingly busy week ahead - two art fairs in the next 6 days.

Rod

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ▼  July (15)
      • Not a good week for pets - plus and entire Garbage...
      • Railroad Museum and cows
      • In the last nine days Columbus has received 3.59 i...
      • RIP Buddy
      • Bringing home the Bling
      • RAW Madison was a hoot!!!
      • Exploding Tables and stomachs
      • Pain in the ass Monday
      • The Godless Particle and why you need to water you...
      • I almost shot an Eagle, on purpose + insane fireworks
      • RAW photos
      • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
      • Japenese Beetles and Imidacloprid
      • Another cell phone bites the dust
      • The Clay Garden don't need no rain. BAAA!
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile