Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, January 27, 2011

SUN - I NEED SUN!

Posted on 8:05 AM by Unknown
Remember Baltic? The dog that was rescued at sea on an ice flow?  Here is the rest of the story on YouTube.





------------------------------------

Seems the population of Columbus is continuing to climb. According to City-Data dot Com the population of Columbus in 2009 was 5,055, up 12% from 2000. This is an increased rate of growth from previous decades as in the 90's the growth was 10% and in the 80's a mare 1.2%.

This is probably due to people moving past Sun Prairie to Columbus! Of course the engine to the entire area is Madison! If Madison is booming Columbus will grow. Madison is the nucleus while Columbus is the electron and Sun Prairie is the Proton . . .Middleton is a Neutron . . . . Walker is the Moron.

--------------------

Sadly the government is getting rid of the whole terrorist color thing because Orange is the new Green and nobody cares any more. What will take it's place will be local terrorist warnings on large signs!

When you are driving down the interstate a big sign will flash

TERRORIST LEVEL - EXTREME TREPIDATION!
------------------------

I love what I heard one radio guy say - if you are going to sack Ben Roethlisberger you need to ride him for the entire 8 seconds!  I just think that is funny!

------------------------

January - So far this month we are about 2 degrees below the average high temp and about 0.2 degrees below on the average low.  This tells me that we have not had a lot of sun this month - in fact we have had at least trace of snow 20 of the 26 days this month!  13.3 inches of snow so we have been getting a little almost every day (unlike the Est Coast  LOL)

-------------------------

Buzz word of the day - I'm learning all about Star Interpolation when blowing photos up to larger size - seems if you do it in 10% increments the results are much better then just BAM - bigger!

Talk to ya later!

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ▼  January (16)
      • Potentially Historic Storm heading our way!
      • Packers -3 - Take the Bet!
      • SUN - I NEED SUN!
      • Cheers
      • I'm a Stumpy Swarvan Miscreant!
      • Peanut . . . .Peanut butter AND JELLY!!
      • CBS News coming to Columbus . . .sort of
      • Wisconsin - Open for Bigness!
      • Police Department - please leave a message at the ...
      • Rants
      • RIP Dick Winters
      • I've been a little distracted by work lately and o...
      • WOW - I thought I published this!!
      • It is a Great Day for Castration
      • The Genius of Scott Walker
      • The day the Black birds dropped from the sky!
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile