Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, January 28, 2011

Packers -3 - Take the Bet!

Posted on 7:20 AM by Unknown
Congratulations to Andy for bowling a 300 last night! You can not finally give up bowling. I had a 299 once but it was way way long time ago before they perfected round balls and oiling patterns!
------------

So everybody is planning their Super Bowl parties but I must warn you. According to the news THERE IS A LACK IF STRIPPERS!! Yea - typically strippers start flocking to the Super Bowl City but it seems Dallas is having a problems.

As for myself I'm planning to bring a grill in and put it in my buddies cubicle and grill up some brats next Friday! I'm not going to ask permission but I will apologize afterward if management disapproves of grilling brats inside the building.

I'm thinking we can make this a yearly event "Grill Brats in your Buddies Cube Day".

And I think I gave people the wrong impression that I believe Green Bay would not win THE BIG GAME (insert echo effect). I believe they WILL win and I put my money where my mouth is just in time as the spread has moved to -3 for the Packers.

Here is the thing - I believe NOT having experience with the Super Bowl hype works in the Packers advantage. Pittsburgh has been there, done that and we have won a few times while I feel the Packers want to go and prove something.

I also feel the Pitt defense, while awesome has a hole. The Packers go 4 wide and the Steelers will have to take out a linebacker which is the strength of the "D". The Pack is SO talented a receivers it's a big big problem covering everybody.

Also something not getting THAT much attention is the fact that the Steelers will not have their ALL-PRO Center. The reason the Packers have been able to get to where they are with all the injuries is that they have had time to adjust!

Losing a key player is like parting for an ambulance. When the ambulance passes the most dangerous time is when the car wave crashes back to the middle. The most dangerous time for a key injury are the weeks right after the injury when things are not adjusted yet!

---------------------------------------

There is a movie that was filmed last year and it will be shown on one day, world wide and one day only. It's about Sabena Flight 548. It crashed on February 17th 1961 killing the entire United States Figure Skating Team, all 18 athletes, 16 family members, coaches, and officials plus and two farmers on the ground as they were in route to the World Championships.

And of course you all might remember what happened 25 years ago today. Challenger exploded! I was taking an accounting test at the time.

------------------------------------------

52 years ago today Vince Lombardi was hire as the coach of the Green Bay Packers. The Packers were 1-10 the previous year. The Pack finished 7-5 the next year and lost the Championship game to the Eagles the year after that.
-------------------------------------------

Check this out!



Have a sonderful weekend.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ▼  January (16)
      • Potentially Historic Storm heading our way!
      • Packers -3 - Take the Bet!
      • SUN - I NEED SUN!
      • Cheers
      • I'm a Stumpy Swarvan Miscreant!
      • Peanut . . . .Peanut butter AND JELLY!!
      • CBS News coming to Columbus . . .sort of
      • Wisconsin - Open for Bigness!
      • Police Department - please leave a message at the ...
      • Rants
      • RIP Dick Winters
      • I've been a little distracted by work lately and o...
      • WOW - I thought I published this!!
      • It is a Great Day for Castration
      • The Genius of Scott Walker
      • The day the Black birds dropped from the sky!
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile