Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, January 31, 2011

Potentially Historic Storm heading our way!

Posted on 8:26 AM by Unknown
Gotta hand it to the weather dudes. They knew there was a big one coming 10 days ago. They were not sure of the timing but I could see this gleam in their eyes that something BIG was on the horizon.

So - we're getting two storms actually - the one today is a 4 to 7 inch storm an then the main event starts Tuesday afternoon. There should be a break about noon and then this large warm moist air mass tumbles north smashing into an Artic blast with the Jet stream overhead - BAM POW!!

On the bright side of getting 15 inches of snow is that fact that south of us will have havoc with an inch of ice killing all the trees! The further north this drifts the more now we will get!

But - we're not the only ones.

By the time the storm exits New England on Wednesday night, as many as 100 million Americans will see heavy snow of at least 6 inches or dangerous ice accumulations. 

Flying into Chicago? This storm could be the biggest blizzard since 1999 when O'Hara had 21 inches! 18 to 25 foot waves are expected on Lake Michigan as the jet stream will be right over head blowing the 2 feet of snow! I doubt I will be at work Wednesday.

Ice damage will be in the BILLIONS south of us with tornado's and a chance of spaghetti in northern Texas. Speaking of Dallas - SNOW on Wednesday and a game time temp Sunday NEAR 50.

I'm looking at 16 inches total for Columbus over the next 3 days!
---------------------------------

Saturday Elwood and I were in the back yard discussing the upcoming year in the yard and we look up and there is Milo tightroping the railing on the deck. He is perched on the corner staring at a flock of birds who are staring at HIM with the bird feeder exactly halfway between them.

It was a standoff.  Except Milo's problem was that in order to get down he had to jump in the snow and THAT was not going to happen!  Cat's are not big lovers of snow!  


taken by my iPhone

HAVE A GREAT MONDAY
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ▼  January (16)
      • Potentially Historic Storm heading our way!
      • Packers -3 - Take the Bet!
      • SUN - I NEED SUN!
      • Cheers
      • I'm a Stumpy Swarvan Miscreant!
      • Peanut . . . .Peanut butter AND JELLY!!
      • CBS News coming to Columbus . . .sort of
      • Wisconsin - Open for Bigness!
      • Police Department - please leave a message at the ...
      • Rants
      • RIP Dick Winters
      • I've been a little distracted by work lately and o...
      • WOW - I thought I published this!!
      • It is a Great Day for Castration
      • The Genius of Scott Walker
      • The day the Black birds dropped from the sky!
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile