Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It is a Great Day for Castration

Posted on 7:02 AM by Unknown
I can't believe that I woke up this morning - looked at my cell phone and I had a text message from Brett Favre!! I'm afraid to open it.
-----------------------------------------

14 years ago today a little puppy was born with a litter of all other puppy's who became  big time champion show dogs.  But one little puppy was left behind as he was a shy little runt that when he ran his right front paw would flail out to the right which was not good enough to go on the big stage.

So he was forgotten by his mean handlers and got heart-worms.

A couple years later DJ, Jenny and I drove to just outside Kansas City to meet  a Sisterwood Kennels  representatives to adopt him. We waited in a parking lot and after Sisterwood parked their car they opened their trunk and looking at us blinking in the bright sunlight was a skinny, dirty, shy Welsh Cardigan Corgi named Blake.

Today Blake turns 14 and is taking the day off to do whatever he wants which is sleep a lot. He is no longer REAL shy and is happy and loved and is leading and has led a very worm and happy life.  

Happy Birthday Blake

 ------------------------------------------------

So I was talking to Payroll the other day asking about retirement which was really strange.  I have the paperwork to send in to ETF and my retirement date is going to be April Fools Day.

It's odd even typing that because I almost feel embarrassed yet excited yet sad all at the same time.  I feel embarrassed because I'm too young to retire - retiring is for old people.  I feel sad because I've worked here for 23 years and while I loath everyone I work with they are still family to me and I don't want to lose contact.  I also love the drive to work every day.  I'm excited because my little photography business is really being held back by a real job.  I have so many requests, ideas and projects on the back burner that I just can't get to while working 40+ hours a week.

I have a sweet part time job at one of the best Craft Beer Liqueur Stores in the area and I tell people that I'm not retiring from WORKING, just from State Government Employment!   I have oodles of benefits, why not take advantage of them.

I've read a lot about the myths of retiring and what REALLY happens when a person retires so I think I'm psychologically prepared.  The money thing is OK but many people don't adjust very well at first to having . . . . nothing to do!  You spend all your life with structure and all of a sudden there is no structure.

So that is what is on my mind lately.
-----------------------------------------

We got a Farmers Almanac from Sentry Insurance so I looked at the weather forecast -  for Wisconsin - Stormy with periods of snow for the 4th thru 7th.  WOW - going out on a limb with that one!!  But 8th-11th  Fair turning colder!  MAN - it's uncanny!!!!

IT'S THE 12TH DAY OF CHRISTMAS!!!!  (also called - Christmastide) 12 Drummers Drumming refers to the points of doctrine in the Apostle's Creed. The Twelfth Night to Epiphany morning (tomorrow) is the traditional time to take down the Christmas tree and decorations.

We are also in the PRIME area of the month to castrate farm animals!! Today is also a good day to bake and a prime day for getting a haircut to increase growth, also waxing floors on the 5th of January would be a good thing.

HOWEVER - a BAD day to fish.

So there ya go. Get a haircut before you wax the floor and bake some bread and then go and castrate a farm animal.

Cheers!
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ▼  January (16)
      • Potentially Historic Storm heading our way!
      • Packers -3 - Take the Bet!
      • SUN - I NEED SUN!
      • Cheers
      • I'm a Stumpy Swarvan Miscreant!
      • Peanut . . . .Peanut butter AND JELLY!!
      • CBS News coming to Columbus . . .sort of
      • Wisconsin - Open for Bigness!
      • Police Department - please leave a message at the ...
      • Rants
      • RIP Dick Winters
      • I've been a little distracted by work lately and o...
      • WOW - I thought I published this!!
      • It is a Great Day for Castration
      • The Genius of Scott Walker
      • The day the Black birds dropped from the sky!
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile