Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Police Department - please leave a message at the tone.

Posted on 8:43 AM by Unknown
I'm probably the only guy that will get this but one comment I read about the Packer game was:

"Aaron Rodgers needs to bump up the difficulty to All-Madden" THAT is funny!

There have been many many playoff games for Green Bay in the lasy 90 years and the Packers have had many really really good Quarterbacks - but NO ONE has ever had a better game then Aaron Rogers and I will say this right now . . .

Ted Thompson! you are a genius! I was never a BIG doubter but I have questioned you on several occasions and . . . I WAS WRONG!!

For a team to lose these guys and still be in a Championship game - I bow to your knowledge

* 56 Nick Barnett ILB (IR) Injury
* 42 Morgan Burnett SS (IR) Injury
* 54 Brandon Chillar ILB (IR) Injury
* 88 Jermichael Finley TE (IR) Injury
* 25 Ryan Grant RB (IR) Injury
* 91 Justin Harrell DE (IR) Injury
* 41 Spencer Havner TE (IR) Injury
* 97 Johnny Jolly DE (Susp.)
* 59 Brad Jones OLB (IR) Injury
* 29 Derrick Martin FS (IR) Injury
* 96 Mike Neal DE (IR) Injury
* 74 Marshall Newhouse G/T (IR) Injury
* 51 Brady Poppinga OLB (IR) Injury
* 27 Anthony Smith FS (IR) Injury
* 65 Mark Tauscher OT (IR) Injury

That's like a whole team!

Back to Rogers - he threw 28 passes to his 4 core Wide Receivers and 26 would caught. Each receiver had over 75 yards - THAT is amazing. The running game - some will look at the yards but for the Packers you look at attempts! Twenty Eight attempts which typically means you are gaining yards - maybe not big runs but enough to keep the defense honest. This is all the Packer running game is used for - Keep'm honest.

I love the fact that by the end of the 3rd quarter the Stadium was basically all Packer fans and it became a home game.

---------------------------------

Columbus Chamber of Commerce - WELCOME to the world. Looks like our Chamber is heading in the right direction AND TAA DAAA has a new website

http://columbuswichamber.com/

In other big news Napoli's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria have a new sign. Why is this news? because the Columbus Main Street Organization helped fund the sign. You see since most of the downtown of Columbus is Historic District there is a law saying you can not have any back-lit signs and MainStreet helps business owners get the correct sign!

Way to go MainStreet!

You know I get emails from people asking me how Columbus is going and I say - BORING!! Nothing new and exciting except for a town that is working together as one (finally) and getting things done - WEIRD!!!

There is one thing that irritates me. The Police department. Why is it that a person can not actually TALK to anyone if there is a non-emergency - you have to leave a freaking message.

Last year there was a fire out in the country! Nothing I was too excited about but I tried to call the Police Department at night and I had to leave a message!

Josh had a guy run his pick-up into his fence - call police - leave message! grrrrrr
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ▼  January (16)
      • Potentially Historic Storm heading our way!
      • Packers -3 - Take the Bet!
      • SUN - I NEED SUN!
      • Cheers
      • I'm a Stumpy Swarvan Miscreant!
      • Peanut . . . .Peanut butter AND JELLY!!
      • CBS News coming to Columbus . . .sort of
      • Wisconsin - Open for Bigness!
      • Police Department - please leave a message at the ...
      • Rants
      • RIP Dick Winters
      • I've been a little distracted by work lately and o...
      • WOW - I thought I published this!!
      • It is a Great Day for Castration
      • The Genius of Scott Walker
      • The day the Black birds dropped from the sky!
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile