Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

They Shoot Horses Don't They

Posted on 6:58 AM by Unknown
There is a food cart on the square who's owner used to be a big advertising dude in Chicago. He really loves my photography and is making a new food cart. This will be a vegetarian solar green cart and he would love to have an image by me that go onto his cart (like a mural).

If anybody has any ideas what would look good on a veggie/solar/green food cart I would love to hear them. Plus - remember IT'S WINTER, not like I can run outside and take photos of lush green crops or anything.

On the same subject I was reading the Art Fair forum and they wanted to know the best wisecrack a person has had to listen to and I mentioned the woman who said

"How do you get that "paint by number" look.

To be honest at the time I thought it was a valid question for that particular image. She was not actually insulting because I knew EXACTLY what she was talking about. Yet - as the day wore on that line kept going through my head.

About a half hour later on the forum a guy comments on that particular wise crack

"OK, I gotta admit, this is one of the best I ever heard. It's insulting on
so many levels!"

Of course THEN I had to tell the story about what Kitty B'Gosh did to me at the NEXT Art Fair.

A woman comes into my booth and looks around and then seriously ask's "How do you get that paint by number look".

The blood was rushing from my brain when she breaks out laughing and introduces herself as a bloggette.

-----------------------------------------------

Remember that youtube video a few days about of the tower falling the wrong way? Stop Light dude lives just a few miles from that place. The reporter who interviewed him about Public Enemies was slightly injured by a falling wire.

------------------------------------------------

I had a real LOL moment today while reading the USA Today. One article is talking about the Vikings and Favre saying the movie "They Shoot Horses Don't They" comes to mind!

This next game on Sunday COULD be Favres last game of his career. He is already positioning himself with an MRI today and I'm wondering if in the 3rd quarter after Mathews sacks him for the 4th time, if all the coaches will gather around him, shielding him from the crowd and we will hear a gunshot.

JUST KIDDING!!!      (they would not shield him)

Then after my fantasy ends I read on. They say his passer rating is 72 which reads like a cadavers body temperature.

I really think that Green Bay will be his last game.
---------------------------------------------

Speaking of republicans - there is one I like and would actually vote for, but then I would have to move to Alaska. Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski.   Any republican that does NOT want Obama to fail is a good one. She says why would anybody want our President to fail!

Also "Palin lacks the "leadership qualities" and "intellectual curiosity" to craft great policy. "

Not all Republicans are bad and not all Democrats are good. I have never voted one party but I do seem to vote mostly Democratic.
-----------------------------------------------
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ▼  November (14)
      • COPS - They're Everywhere and game changing virus's
      • Wisconsin Film School needs you help
      • So long Minnesota - Happy Trails to You
      • bad news and then good news and then excellent new...
      • They Shoot Horses Don't They
      • No More TV after this week!
      • We have a new "W" and "DJ - FacebookDetective".
      • The Carnival Cruise Line Diet
      • Scott Walker LOL
      • So long Al Harris
      • A View (not The View)
      • No Doom and Gloom Here!
      • It's all about Minnesota (almost)
      • Packers - never a doubt!!
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile