Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, May 13, 2013

Duct Tape Is SO Much Better Then Stitches

Posted on 6:49 AM by Unknown
Once again I managed to not do the Heinie Ride so my streak continues.  DJ and I did the route last week and it looked very pretty.  I was concerned with the hills coming out of Beaver Dam but it's not like I have never done hills, just that I was not really in ride shape yet.   BUT - I was game for the challenge until the NW winds of 15-20mph sprang up which would have been an "in your face" wind for 20+ miles and I said - NOPE.

It seems that getting in riding shape takes longer when you are almost 60 then when you were riding 600 mile, week long rides.  WHO KNEW! 

For bikers there is a team biking a 6,300 mile trip to Alaska to name a mountain after his father. They are in Madison at the moment and here is there website.

Mount Lawrence Film

I'll have a link to their blogs on the right side.

--------------------------

WOW - what  do you think about that 45 million dollar bank heist!  ALL IN CASH!! 

If you have not heard about it here are the talking points.

Hackers hacked into banks, got pin numbers for debit cards, raised the limits as far as they would go on thousands of cards.  Then all across the world an army of people went up and down cities taking out money in ATMS.  In two hours 45 million dollars  around the world (in $20 I suppose) were taken from thousands of ATMs.

In Manhattan, robbers just went walking down the streets stopping at every ATM and emptying them. 
-----------------------------

Planted three Neon Flash Spirea this yesterday.

-----------------------------

OH - you know that saying "sharp knives never cut?"  That is total bullshit! THEY CUT DEEPER!!!
I can prove it.  I was about to cut some onions Friday and my butchers knife was dull so I gave it a really good sharpening and then preceded REALLY cut my thumb.  The lucky part was that my thumb nail got in the way.  I had one of those, grab your thumb and DO NOT LOOK AT IT while squeezing the bejesus out of it.

After 15 minutes and seeing that you had not passed out yet, I wrapped it in TP and duct taped it tight, STILL without really looking at it.     

I DON'T NEED NO STINKING STITCHES. 

That actually works you know.  I was playing softball in league many many years ago and a bat hit my shin and split it wide open.  I can still see it in my minds eye.  No insurance so I duct taped it.

Worked great.   Ahhhhh - I miss those days.

Gotta run!

Cheers
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ▼  May (11)
      • Rome vs. America
      • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
      • Different blog today
      • Wisconsin's Tornado Alley
      • Storms and taking photos of . . . EVERYTHING
      • A few photos!
      • Mayor OKs Columbus ET Landing Zone!
      • Duct Tape Is SO Much Better Then Stitches
      • RAIN -upper 80s' by Tuesday!!
      • 17 Years Ago and We Let These People Vote?
      • Rain Rain Rain
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile