Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tuesday Blog

Posted on 7:05 AM by Unknown
As-salam alaykum everyone!   That is what my new best friend who's father owns a diamond mine who seems to have just passed away in a freak accident says.
---------------------------------------------------------

HOT - yea baby!!!   Bring it!!   Won't last long, just a few more days.  We're actually lucky, because we have had so much rain and the ground is so moist a lot of the energy that WOULD be making us REALLY hot is going towards evaporation. 

Of course that is why our dew points are in the mid 70s.  So we could be 97 with a dew point of 60 or 90 and a dew point of 75.  We should be getting relief by the weekend which is good because I have my 1st art fair of the year Saturday.  Lake Mills, I'll be on Madison Street, the shady side across from the library.  Sweet spot. 

As far as rain, 2009/10 is catching up to us!   Notice how 2011/12 has leveled off!

  
Mosquitoes are starting to show their ugly head.  Not so bad in Columbus yet but I was in Waterloo at their disc golf course and it was horrific!  DEEP WOODS stopped the biting but it was literally a cloud buzzing around my head.  The kind where you start to panic a little.

From the forums it's pretty bad all around the country except for a few places but Minnesota seems to be the epic center.  One guy wrote  "The mosquitoes attacked me in squadrons and the ticks were out in full force, but it was the horse flies that killed me."  

That would be awesome fun!

-----------------------------------------------

Did you hear about that couple that were going to a Dave Matthews concert, picked up a hitch hiker AND IT WAS DAVE MATTHEWS.  Seems his bike broke down. 

Not many people hitch anymore.  I hitched out west in the 70's. twice.  Camping where I could.  My goal was California but I never made it past the mountains.  One time two guys picked me up heading to CA to sell drugs.  The problem was they had no drugs OR money and the only thing getting them high was big sticks of incense.   I'm sitting in the back seat watching these two stooges snorting smoke from incense.

I ditched them.   Also was picked up by a servicemen who was AWOL, speeding across the country at 100mph.  I ditched him when he was picked up and taken to jail, but he gave me a case of K-Rations.

Hitching was awesome fun and an adventure.  I loved it (I had a pretty large knife handy at all times). I only had my hand near in once, on the 2nd to last day of a 2 week trip near Madison. 

-------------------------------------------

I collaborated with a fellow disc golfer/photographer and we created this shot.



I'm looking to get into a disc tournament next year - I would be in the "Advanced Senior Grand Master  Division".  I mean, how many Advanced Senior Grand Master's can there be!!!   I'm worried that there might not be any of those divisions! 

I've really improved (rating of 733 at the moment which is probably like a 26 handicap golfer) but I won't bore you - I have another blog for that! Of course a 26 handicap golfer is still way better then most hackers on courses.
-----------------------------------------

Milo was outside near the from porch and I saw he had a baby bunny gently in his mouth. (rabbits are the cows of the animal kingdom, they are basically a food source for almost every other animal). So I grab Milo and make him drop the baby bunny who hides in our front plants and lock Milo inside for a few hours.

I let him out and an hour later I see him standing on the sidewalk with baby bunny in his mouth again, like a kitten.

I get him to drop, lock him in and bunny hides in the plants again.   sigh!  So I decide to remove bunny to a different place.  I'm on my knees and trying to catch bunny and Milo is in the window watching me (stupid pinky can't catch a bunny) and FINALLY I get bunny to run away.

2 hours later I let Milo out (who is not feeling great with some pain meds in his system) and he spends the next few hours watching the plants for bunny movement which never happened.

BTW - It's Rabbit Awareness Week.  I talked to a friend that works at the Animal Shelter and they hate it when people bring in injured Rabbits.  It's like bringing in an injured mouse.
-----------------------------

And if you have read the blog this far.

Josh saved his first life this past weekend as an EMT.  Well, his team did.  I am FREAKING proud.  It was close.  27 minutes of CPR and 3000 compressions and the phone was out to "call it in".  Josh had just finished the final set of 200 compressions and they looked one last time at the screen and he said "just like on TV, the very last possible moment".   BLIP!  

I said this 10 years ago before Josh became a firefighter / EMT that he was the one person I would trust my life with.

Keep cool!

Rod            



Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ▼  July (9)
      • A week in a nutshell
      • Portrait day!
      • Save the Boobs, Cure the Assholes benefit!
      • All Royal Family Channel
      • Tuesday Blog
      • Tonto
      • Tuesday Stuff
      • Flowers are blooming!
      • Salt and lawyers.
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile