Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Columbus Cty Council vs. The Chief

Posted on 6:31 AM by Unknown
WOW - almost a week?

I was going to blog yesterday but I had a project I was working on which meant leaving home early. My goal was to get more shot of Madison. I've been asked numerous times for more more more of Madison. SO - since I knew today would be totally FUBR weather-wise I would tour MadCity looking for shots.

My MAIN goal was twilight shots of State Street. My timing was off a little and I ended up being totally bored about 3:30 waiting for sunfall which led me to a bar (Pauls) and a beer.

I'll have many photos on my photo blog www.melottephotoimagery.blogspot.com soon. I took a few hundred shots. Olbrich Gardens, the old Sugar Mill behind Olbrich Gardens, a hawk that was watching me, Camp Randall, Observatory Drive, Bascom Hall, more inside the Capitol, and State Street at night and Paul's which I got some REALLY cool shots.

Here is the very first I worked on.


-------------------------------------------------

In Columbus news - - - I find it funny how the biggest turnout of the 20th Century at the City Council Meeting was because of new regulations when it comes to the bars in Columbus.  There is a new point system in place for infractions.   Now I've talked to a few people about this and their disdain for the stupid point system (like 25 points for a fight out side the bar and so forth). 

So at the meeting the council (who I believe are not dealing with reality a lot of the time) tried to calm the tar and feather masses and frankly . . I think made it WORSE!  

The big meeting was because of a letter the chief sent out (this guy just needs to be quieted, every time he writes something it comes out stupid  ie: marijuana is a gateway drug to heroin? . . and the guy does not even live in Columbus).

BASICALLY - if a bar gets to many points there is a hearing in front of the council.  sigh!  Then why have points in the first place.  Seriously, it seems to me that SOMEONE is trying to justify their existence by making up more work.  Instead of a number system how about a color codes.  After three instances a bar would be in code RED and then they would have to go up in front of THE JURY.

The Chief said "I followed the ordnance" which is funny since he does not seem to actually READ certain ordnance's before they start putting up signs. 

And speaking of the council - SO many people want alternate side parking in Columbus but the council see's no need for it?   Do they think that the people of Columbus are stupid and can not figure out on an odd number is?  sigh!
------------------------------------------

Packer Defense - let's put this in perspective. Last Sunday the Packers had a nice lead and the Pack went into a soft defense.  Give up yards but do not give up a QUICK TD.  Well . . . . they did give up yards and there was a quick TD but take away the onside kick the Pack would have had a easy win. 

When you score a LOT of points you will give up more points just because you can play a softer game.
------------------------------------------

I've talked to people in other towns and they are think Columbus is really killing fun for kids when it comes to Halloween. Sunday afternoon? Seriously? 
-------------------------------------------

OH - congrats to Henry Elling the son of Henry Elling who is now the Columbus Ambassador and receives all the privileges that come with his title.
-------------------------------------------

The Cheesehead pharaoh, Walker, has namde teh tree that will go up in the State Capitol a CHRISTMAS TREE!!   None of this holiday bull crap.  That THAT Freedon of religion trolls!  And in other news the Republicans have done away with the 4 hour  training course for conceal and carry.  No need for courses!   Also there is a law running through the system saying that teachers can now be fired if their students grades are below average.  This is scaring the teachers so much that they are teaching better and grades have LEAPED to never heard of levels as if by miracle.

OK - I need breakfast! 

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ▼  November (12)
      • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
      • The Omar Man + Packers vs. the Fort Atkinson Black...
      • Selective memories - Columbus Auditoruim.
      • My basketball experience
      • My biased views
      • Sign zee papers!! CAN WALKER
      • Stolen from my other blog
      • I Remember Nothing
      • It was a GREAT election night!
      • Columbus Cty Council vs. The Chief
      • Hydro held up by the State.
      • Your Move!
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile