Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It was a GREAT election night!

Posted on 8:17 AM by Unknown
It was NOT a good election day for the far right as they really took it on the chin.

After Jennifer Schilling stepped down (after winning a Republican recall) Jill Billings CRUSH the Republican candidate in Wisconsin for the Assembly. VICTORY

In Maine a Koch Bro Republicans wanted to repeal the right for same day registration for the right to vote with same day registration. Oddly the Republicans handed out fliers saying a vote against the Republicans was a vote FOR "lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender" groups. (I actually saw one of those fliers).

The voters voted 60% to keep same day voting! VICTORY

In Kentucky the Democrats won Governor and Attorney General VICTORY

OHIO - WELL DONE!! John Kaich (the Walker of Ohio) and his SB 5 which stripped collective bargaining rights from workers was CRUSHED!!!!! VICTORY

Mississippi - fetal conception personhood amendment went down surprisingly hard in Mississippi. The Republicans finally found an anti-abortion tactic so extreme it was crushed in a state wide referenda in a deeply dark Red Confederate state like Mississippi. his Amendment might potentially have resulted in a criminal investigation every time a woman miscarried a fertilized egg.

it was defeated 42% YES 58%

Mitt Romney endorsed the Voter ID Law in Maine, SB 5 in Ohio, and the odious fetal personhood Constitutional Amendment in Mississippi and all three were crushed by the voters.

The Republicans/TeaBaggers/Conservatives/Koch Brothers were routed lastnight in the North-East, the Mid-West, the Deep South and the West.
-------------

OK - back in reality a couple more shots from Monday - this first one is of the United States Sugar Company in Madison.   My shots are actually pretty colorful but I had to get this one out of the way.



And here is another shot of Olbrich Gardens.

.


Remember - if you are looking for more photos visit my photo blog

http://www.melottephotoimagery.blogspot.com/

Cheers
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ▼  November (12)
      • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
      • The Omar Man + Packers vs. the Fort Atkinson Black...
      • Selective memories - Columbus Auditoruim.
      • My basketball experience
      • My biased views
      • Sign zee papers!! CAN WALKER
      • Stolen from my other blog
      • I Remember Nothing
      • It was a GREAT election night!
      • Columbus Cty Council vs. The Chief
      • Hydro held up by the State.
      • Your Move!
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile