Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Stolen from my other blog

Posted on 8:15 AM by Unknown
So this is now my secondary blog as I've been updating the photo blog daily with a new photo - this is what went up yesterday for you guys missing out!!  :-)  
 --------------------------------------------------
I've had a number of requests for Camp Randall Stadium. At art fairs it seems a lot of my images stir memories, it's what I try to do and I believe that is what modern impressionism is all about.

So when at an art fair people will look at my art and all of a sudden access that part of their brain which contains memories and at that time of day and that setting seems to be GOOD memories. I'm asked . . . do you have any paintings of Madison? . . . .yes yes, these are ALWAYS called paintings which, in a way they are.  . . anyway . . they always asked for Camp Randall.

If you have ever walked around the stadium you know it's a massive gray piece of cement.  Night, shots would be nice (put that in MY memory bank).  So I found a place for an inside shot.  This is actually NINE photos stitched together and at the moment I give this a 3 out of 5 star rating only because of it's uniqueness/coolness.

I see a number of flaws (the sky is a real problem) that can be fixed when I start all over on it again . . .. or. . . I can go back with my NEW 10-20MM ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENS.  I had to sell my neighbors car to get it but he will never notice.


Looking it hmmmmm - yea - it's a do-over with a 5 star goal.    


Click to enlarge

I'll post the color version which might actually be better . .. hmmmm . . opinions are always welcomed.

Rods Photo Blog
----------------------------------------------------

Anybody buying Green Bay Packer Stock?  Brilliant timing on this as who would NOT want to buy stock at the moment.

I attended a class/seminar for Social Networking last week and what I got out of it was that this is ONLY the beginning.  The next 4 years you well see huge growth in Social Networking.  Did you know that many colleges do not even give out email address anymore?  Email is so old school and is on the way out.  Texting is how people communicate now.  Email is . . . . SLOW!!! 

I was surprised at how many people are afraid of Social Networking.  To many bad things can happen. What if someone says something bad about your company.  WELL!!!  They are going to ANYWAY so it's better to be online then NOT.

It was an interesting class but not very useful if a person is already online  (LIKE Melotte Photo Imagery on Facebook).

------------------------

Watched Hell on Wheels - a new western on AMC and I liked it.  Deadwood-ish,  gritty but interesting.  The star reminds me a little of the guy that plays the gun dude on Person of Interest.

Cheers
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ▼  November (12)
      • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
      • The Omar Man + Packers vs. the Fort Atkinson Black...
      • Selective memories - Columbus Auditoruim.
      • My basketball experience
      • My biased views
      • Sign zee papers!! CAN WALKER
      • Stolen from my other blog
      • I Remember Nothing
      • It was a GREAT election night!
      • Columbus Cty Council vs. The Chief
      • Hydro held up by the State.
      • Your Move!
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile