Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Omar Man + Packers vs. the Fort Atkinson Blackhawks

Posted on 7:23 AM by Unknown
First I must mention that there is a Star Trek documentary on the Science Network tonight called Star Trek Nation and talks about how Star Trek not only changed TV but society as a whole. It was created by Rod Roddenberry Gene's son.  Might be good . . . or not!
----------------------------

Farmers Almanac forecast for 28th - 30th for Great Lakes - Considerable cloudiness; increasingly windy with scattered rain and snow showers. WOW - going out on a limb there aren't they.

---------------------------

Hydro Street Brewing update. WELL - I could not see what the big problem with putting a range hood up, I mean come on - I put mine in (or had someone else actually), in an hour!!!

WHO KNEW the hood would weigh 700 pounds!! Today is the day from what I hear.  Too bad I'm working.  TENTATIVE plans are opening December7th in a quite celebration.

While I was in town I noticed a cool old truck parked on West James.  I had instant memory of The Omar Man.  I did a quick google and it seems The Omar Man was in more towns then Fort Atkinson.  The Omar Man was a door-to-door delivery man of fresh breads and other baked goods from Omar’s Bakery .

  “I’m the Omar man, knocking at your door, if you taste my bread (mmmm boy), your gonna want more.” 

ANYWAY - there was this truck parked and I went up to it and sure enough it was made in the late 50's.  As I approached it I saw a sing on the side that read "Gram pas Bus Service".  OH NOO!!  this is the bus service that Columbus got??

A guy was inside and I started talking to him and it seems HIS bus service was going to be for Badger games and so forth.  He had purchased some seats from an Antique store and was installing them.  I felt the need for photos. 


International Metro

The truck is an International Metro, one of the first step vans

For more photos go to my photo blog

http://melottephotoimagery.blogspot.com/
-------------------------------------------

OH - looks like we are in the prime time of the month to castrate farm animals!! SWEET!!!! Looks like it's get'r done night!

BTW - did you know the Green Bay Packers played the Fort Atkinson Blackhawks in 1934?



have a gray day!
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ▼  November (12)
      • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
      • The Omar Man + Packers vs. the Fort Atkinson Black...
      • Selective memories - Columbus Auditoruim.
      • My basketball experience
      • My biased views
      • Sign zee papers!! CAN WALKER
      • Stolen from my other blog
      • I Remember Nothing
      • It was a GREAT election night!
      • Columbus Cty Council vs. The Chief
      • Hydro held up by the State.
      • Your Move!
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile