Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My basketball experience

Posted on 7:41 AM by Unknown
So it looks like the citizens of Wisconsin will not be getting what they are not paying for. The Department of Corrections can not fill vacancies because people actually get more money on unemployment then to work for State Government.

As balderdash said in his comment "From this point forward the public sector will have a very hard time competing for jobs so you will get what you pay for. I know this as I worked both as a private contract to the state as well as a state employee. I also have left public service for the private sector gold."

A high up suit of Family Services said "why would anybody want to work for Government, lower pay, bad working conditions and no benefits. State government will be hiring the the bottom feeders in talent to run multi million dollar systems. Hope nothing goes wrong because all of the knowledge is gone that created those systems"

You know - If I had a choice between Bush and Walker to run Wisconsin? I would take Bush in a second. I was actually pro Iraq war but anti how it was run and I thought Bush was a buffoon but at least he was not outright flamboyantly corrupt.
-----------------------

ANYWAY - I went to the Wisconsin basketball game last night and man was it exciting. At one point the game was on the line at 5 to 5 but then the Kangaroos went cold and shot 21% and Wisconsin snuck out with a 77-31 victory.

The thing that got me was just how boring the Kohl Center really is.

Kohl Center


Yea - it's sort of cool on the outside and it does have that ultra famous glass squigglier works on the walls in one area but it's basically a cement building with no real redeeming photo opportunities.

HOWEVER - after I slept on it perhaps I was just not feeling it last night.  There are some shot's I would take if I went again.

  
Perhaps it was the fact that the crowd there and the game as it was was more like watching a opera with polite applause at times.  It was so exciting that it looks to me like the most thrilling times for me to take photos was during time outs!  WHAT UP WITH THAT!!!

BTW - the shot above?  ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENS BABY!!  
-------------------------------------

Hydro Street Brewing - STILL having problems getting the hood up for the grill.  It's like the lynch pin, everything is waiting on that to be completed so inspections can take place. 
--------------------------------------


I doubt anybody will read this until Monday when people go back to work.

so have a wonderful Thanks Giving.

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ▼  November (12)
      • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
      • The Omar Man + Packers vs. the Fort Atkinson Black...
      • Selective memories - Columbus Auditoruim.
      • My basketball experience
      • My biased views
      • Sign zee papers!! CAN WALKER
      • Stolen from my other blog
      • I Remember Nothing
      • It was a GREAT election night!
      • Columbus Cty Council vs. The Chief
      • Hydro held up by the State.
      • Your Move!
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile