Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Laptops SUCK!

Posted on 6:51 AM by Unknown
It would be a lie if I said I was not disappointed in the Packers. I mean they can't even get a coach fired anymore! Why even bother playing.

YEA - I'm BACK and cranky!!

Reason is that I got the call of doom last night. My worthless piece of crap laptop has to be "restored" which means I lose all of my photo programs. I can get most of them back but Photoshop CS3 was sort of a gift and now I actually have to purchase it.

Having my laptop restored to factory settings is something like losing your wallet. It's not the end of the world but it's a big freaking headache! As luck would have it I had purchased a new desk top computer and was a weekend away from transferring/copying all important things over to it but . . . FUBR!!
-------------------------------

As you all know Josh got to go into a burning house and was front man on the hose which was pretty cool. What was NOT cool was the people who had the fire hydrant in their yard had not kept snow away and precious minutes were lost shoveling the hydrant out. remember - that fire could be YOUR house!

The BIG thing was that the house that burned was a duplex and keeping the fire away from the other side was a very very good job. Well done Columbus Volunteers!

---------------------------------

We all know that changing a password every few months is a complete waste of time. IF someone knows you password and intends harm they are not going to wait a month and THEY rip you off right?

Well - if you own a WIN XP computer did you know that anyone with a WIN 2000 CD can insert the CD and bypass all your protection? COOL - how handy is that!!

BTW - I LOVE Windows 7.

----------------------------------

Anyway - I'll have exciting news tomorrow . . well . . for our family at least!

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Pain in the ass Monday
    WOW - I get to work and I have a totally new computer - thing is they took our old ones and reformatted the hard drives so all of my work st...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ▼  December (14)
      • NO - Not Captain Kangaroo
      • AHH HAA!!!!
      • Laptops SUCK!
      • It was the Night before the Night Before Christmas
      • Sports
      • American Packaging Expands
      • wee-tah-kah-wee-loo
      • All the news from Columbus
      • Packers Raise Alert Levels
      • Good-Bye Chedder Heads
      • a little of this and that
      • It Was 30 Years Ago Today That Sgt Pepper Passed A...
      • Ginko is making me
      • Gas up the blower
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile