Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

All the news from Columbus

Posted on 8:39 AM by Unknown
There is a new Computer Fix It Store opening in Columbus on 131 E. James Street called "Diversified Utility and Communications". Pretty catchy name!
------------
The Fire department had a pretty busy day yesterday! I wonder if any of the "volunteers" showed up! That's all I'm going to say!
---------------
Charlie Shortino, was at Cbus Elementary the other day for their shout out! While I like Charlie as a person . . .he is one of the  . . . least accurate, I feel for forecasting weather. David George, even though he has two first names, which always scares me (must be phobia name for that) on CH 15, I consider the best although in the morning we watch CH3.
-----------------------
There are 229 property taxpayers in Columbus that have not payed their 2009 taxes and Mayor Bob Link said "it's sobering" which makes me think that perhaps we need sobriety tests before the City Council convenes again!
-------------------
Udey Dam continues to be worked on and I'll see if I can get some photos if I ever get out in the daylight again! They are waiting for spill way gates to arrive.
-----------------------
I guess there is a grievance involving the Police Department. A woman had a scheduled sick day BUT THEN responded as a first responder emergency medical person (EMS) in Fall River. MY GOD - you can not be allowed to save a person on your sick day! WHAT WAS SHE THINKING!!

There are rules against saving people on your sick day you know! Policies are in place to cover saving people.
 --------------------------------
Check out this cereal - apparently it will change your skin to white!   



You are invited to an Open House and Ribbon Cutting

Avalon Commons Townhome Development on 590 West Avalon Road

Monday December 20 4:30pm—5:30pm

Visit with Santa as he delivers presents to the children!

Help Celebrate the success of Brookstone Homes and the City of Columbus in developing this exciting new residential development!

Columbus Business Roundtable
Thursday, December 16
11:00am-Noon    NOTE TIME!
Napoli Italian Restaurant
128 E. James Street, Columbus
Update on James Street Sewer and Reconstruction Projects
Jason Lietha, City Engineer
  
it's all I got for today! 
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ▼  December (14)
      • NO - Not Captain Kangaroo
      • AHH HAA!!!!
      • Laptops SUCK!
      • It was the Night before the Night Before Christmas
      • Sports
      • American Packaging Expands
      • wee-tah-kah-wee-loo
      • All the news from Columbus
      • Packers Raise Alert Levels
      • Good-Bye Chedder Heads
      • a little of this and that
      • It Was 30 Years Ago Today That Sgt Pepper Passed A...
      • Ginko is making me
      • Gas up the blower
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile