Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, December 20, 2010

Sports

Posted on 6:38 AM by Unknown
I remember in the Packer exhibition games Fuzzy Thurston was talking about Matt Flynn and he commented that among people that would know such things, they considered Matt Flynn "the best back-up Quarterback in the NFL".

Well - of course I sort of took this with a grain of salt because we all know that the truth tends to stretch a little with homey announcers. Such as JJ Hardy being one the the best fielding Shortstops in the majors (more on that later).

WELL - I gotta say I was impressed last night!

I was also impressed on just how inept our Special Teams unit is but that has never been a surprise.

But lost in all the Packer news is the Brewers. They got a fantastic deam and a blockbuster trade and ESPN suggested that this trade just put the Brewers in the World Series hunt.

Zack Greinke joins Gallardo and Marcum as the right handers on the staff with Wold Wolf and Narveson (who both finished very strong) as the lefties.

Greinke is the 2009 AL CY Young winner who went off his meds last year (Social Anxiety Disorder) because he hated playing for a perennial loser (Kansas City) and is excited to Come to Milwaukee.

He is no Don Sutton and is a WONDERFUL pitcher who starts 30+ games every year!

Brewer have an actual contending Starting staff.
-------------------------------

Here is something Google-licious. Google now has 5.5 millions books online and you can search how many times a certain word has been used in literature since like 1820.

For instance - the word GREEN. I figured green was a pretty hot word lately.  Here is the results.


Check out  Google Ngram Viewer

It's all I have for today - I'm off this week so probably shorty blogs because I don't have copious amounts of coffee in me!

Be careful this afternoon - drizzle and a few inches of snow.

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ▼  December (14)
      • NO - Not Captain Kangaroo
      • AHH HAA!!!!
      • Laptops SUCK!
      • It was the Night before the Night Before Christmas
      • Sports
      • American Packaging Expands
      • wee-tah-kah-wee-loo
      • All the news from Columbus
      • Packers Raise Alert Levels
      • Good-Bye Chedder Heads
      • a little of this and that
      • It Was 30 Years Ago Today That Sgt Pepper Passed A...
      • Ginko is making me
      • Gas up the blower
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile