Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, December 24, 2010

It was the Night before the Night Before Christmas

Posted on 6:39 AM by Unknown
It was the Night before the Night Before Christmas
and all through the house
not a creature was stirring
except for

eight large dirty yellow oxygen breathing firefighters from Columbus. One of them looking a lot like Josh.


I heard the fire siren and though, there goes Josh somewhere as he answers ALL fire calls no matter how trivial and about 15 minutes later DJ gets a text saying there is a house fire about a block away from us. 

Then I hear more sirens and figure this might be something larger then a smoke alarm so I go outside and see flames shooting into the air about a block away.  WHOA!!!  

I run up the hill and it's the last duplex on Ridgeway.







While I'm there I shoot a lot of photos - get home and as I'm working on the images my laptop with all the sophisticated software for my little photo business . DIES!!!!

DAMN IT. 

Luckily three days earlier I purchased a NEW desktop computer but it's basically empty and I have no way to get Photoshop CS3 on this computer and all of my photos are shot in RAW which needs special software.  grrrrrrrr

ANYWAY - back to the fire.

LINK to CH15 report

Columbus Firefighters Battled Blaze Thursday Night

---------------------------------------------------

While on vacation I have learned something about blogging and my writing style.  It only happens early in teh morning.  IF I say I'll blog later in the day . . it never happens.  Take today for instance. I've been up literally 10 minutes and BAM - I'm halfway coherent.  If I waited another couple hours . . .for get it.

It's been a busy week.  We help Suz move back to Columbus from California. WELCOME BACK SUZ.   No one ever leaves Columbus! Part of them will always be here. 

OH - I was SO excited to get a new computer and move the weather station to it - HOWEVER - the weather station is so old the only cable that works ONLY WORKS in the old computer - DAMN IT!!  You have to be kidding me! 

I have so much software to try to find.  This new computer is amazing for $399 with 4 gig of RAM - my old desktop I think has 512K  LOL

OH - and there was a Christmas Miracle.  That thing DJ has been looking for of a few years was found - it's all I'm going to say at the moment. But it is a very very good.  HAPPY TIMES!



Have a wonderful weekend and Merry Merry Christmas.

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ▼  December (14)
      • NO - Not Captain Kangaroo
      • AHH HAA!!!!
      • Laptops SUCK!
      • It was the Night before the Night Before Christmas
      • Sports
      • American Packaging Expands
      • wee-tah-kah-wee-loo
      • All the news from Columbus
      • Packers Raise Alert Levels
      • Good-Bye Chedder Heads
      • a little of this and that
      • It Was 30 Years Ago Today That Sgt Pepper Passed A...
      • Ginko is making me
      • Gas up the blower
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile