Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A week in a nutshell

Posted on 7:18 AM by Unknown
WOW hectic 6 days.

Started last Wednesday morning when I had a photo shoot for some senior photos for a friend.  


Then I golfed in league Wednesday night and Thursday morning I was up at 5:00 and on my way to Naga-Waukee War Memorial Golf Course for 18 holes and then the Brewer game that afternoon.

Here is my buddy Network after a drive.   MY drive came to a rest 260 yards away way way down there.  WHOO HOO!!  balderdash's ended up in those black trees on the right!  


Then the Brewer game was a 3:55 minute affair that ended 10-8 but the Brewers were never REALLY in the game.

Good seats though.



Friday I had part one of my 40th class reunion in Fort Atkinson.  I've only been to one other reunion and DJ has never even known if her Madison East Class HAD a reunion.

My job Friday was to host going into the Water Tower that was next to the old high school.  The Water Tower was where everybody would go smoke cigs (not me) and hang out while missing classes.

I took a bunch of shots INSIDE the water which was built by the same people that built the Columbus Water Tower.  There are only 2 such towers in Wisconsin (we think) and Fort Atkinson Historical people raised money to fix the tower up.  

The view from the top is breathtaking.

 
THEN - Saturday was the real Reunion at Koshkonong Mounds and DJ was inducted as an honorary member of our class because they felt sorry for her.  She was one of the first 2 people on the dance floor and was the main instigator for getting MORE people dancing. 

Sunday we went to Truax Field to take photos of all the Warbirds and I don't have those shots processed yet.

YESTERDAY I golfed 36 hols (disc golf) and then picked up a large canvas and will return it today as there is a speck of dust in the worst place so . . . . . . . That was my week in a nutshell. 

 rod
  


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ▼  July (9)
      • A week in a nutshell
      • Portrait day!
      • Save the Boobs, Cure the Assholes benefit!
      • All Royal Family Channel
      • Tuesday Blog
      • Tonto
      • Tuesday Stuff
      • Flowers are blooming!
      • Salt and lawyers.
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile