Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, July 22, 2013

All Royal Family Channel

Posted on 6:13 AM by Unknown
I was getting worried that 2009/10 was going to catch us this year in rain total but yesterday Columbus received 1.97 inches of rain in a pretty short period of time. WHEW!! 


We are still 0.37 above 4 years ago but that will be made up today so in order for 12/13 to stay ahead we need some thunderstorms today/tonight!  Gonna be close! 

Whitewater had 2.63 inches yesterday.

---------------------------------

Lake Mills Art Fair was EXCELLENT  in more "ways" then one (+44% more sales then the average Lake Mills Fair).  One extra "way" was that I met one of the best Winston Churchill impersonators AskWinston.net.   Also I sold a large piece that I'm retiring from large canvas showing for the time being.
around, Randy Otto, and we're planing a project together. I would LOVE to get him to Columbus for some reason!!  Maybe a night at Hydro Street!  Churchill night with English bitters?  Check him out at

The problem has always been the scaffolding. Some people like it as it shows it really is a photograph and dates it, makes it real, and others say "too bad about the scaffolding".  Anyway I sold my big one.   I'm considering numbering my canvas offerings but . . . . . 


 . . . . I'm also considering applying for Art Fair on the Square or Off the Square.  It cost about $500 and the jury fee is $50 and you don't get that back.

Another problem is OFF the Square is a huge headache setting up and down but then there are sales . . . . yummy!  My good friend Cassius Callendar who is a year ahead of me is talking me into applying and says I would do well.  I am totally intimidated with his work.  It's nice because we do not sell the same style so we're not in competition as some other photographers seem to be. 

So you wondering how much can be sold at Art Fair on the Square?  Let's just say that two years ago he made less then $18,000 . . . . . . . on Saturday.   So . . . . .yea - it does have my attention.

Expermenting with different crops, what do you think.


Rainbow Bridge


-----------------------------------

We open the paper Saturday after getting all set up and see these headlines.

  
Not bad - I have no problems.  But then we see . . . .


WAIT.  WHAT?  They are shooting children?  This is worse then the Chicken Shoot which was one of the first things I read in the paper when I moved here!  

What concerned me was that at the last Council meeting last week I heard that they were going to put down one of the deer that broke his/her leg and castrate another one at the same time.  WHAT?  AT THE SAME TIME?   One bullet?  I know we are trying to save money but that is one a tricky shot!!

----------------------------------

We are all waiting for the Royal birth. I know people at work are all tuned in and not getting ANY work done today so I'll log off so you can back to the All Royal Family Channel on your computers.

Rod  
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ▼  July (9)
      • A week in a nutshell
      • Portrait day!
      • Save the Boobs, Cure the Assholes benefit!
      • All Royal Family Channel
      • Tuesday Blog
      • Tonto
      • Tuesday Stuff
      • Flowers are blooming!
      • Salt and lawyers.
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile