Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Save the Boobs, Cure the Assholes benefit!

Posted on 7:00 AM by Unknown
A Columbus tradition -

Save the Boobs, Cure the Assholes benefit! 


---------------------------------

Pretty cool weather show last night.  Bright red sky in the north and a huge full moon followed with a lightning show to the south.  No rain in Cbus, Madison received a little less then 1/2 inch.

-----------------------

Some members of the city council (my opponent for one) was not that concerned with safety in Columbus when it came to the Library Parking lot.  Screw safety when we can save some money and MAYBE not even have to build a parking lot next year.  I can understand if it's not in the budget but this is citizen safety, not a new truck. (Don't get me started with the lack of sidewalks in Columbus - AGAIN - Columbus has to compensate for no sidewalks)  Then I find out the new blacktop on W James street is making vehicles speed more (no natural speed bump).

Well thanks to Dr. James A. and Lorna Will the library will be getting their parking lot as they have donated $10,000 to the project.  Also in the works for the library Columbus's first  Wi-Fi garden. An outdoor park with seating (with the help of Sandye at Hydro Street Brewing)  that will allow people to have internet access outside without needing to enter the library. 

---------------------------

And then there is Ryan Braun.  I don't know why but I'm not effected that much.  First of all let's clear some media errors.  Braun has NEVER admitted to using PEDs and MLB did not suspend him FOR using PEDs.  He was suspended for non-cooperation in the investigation and Braun has only said he made mistakes (well . . . . yea, like getting caught).

I would be MORE mad if Braun was suspended NEXT year.  This year I kept thinking that he should just fess up, get this behind him, lose games THIS yeas as opposed to next year.  His REAL crime would be to let this go further.

Of course the REAL crime was Braun trying to cover up THE ROYAL BABY!!  

Call me daffy but I love all things Royal.   It all started back in 927 with Æþelstan, Son of Edward the Elder and Ecgwynn and King of the West Saxons. Æthelstan's conquest in 927 of the last remaining Viking kingdom, York, made him the first ruler to control the whole of England, and he is regarded by historians as the first king of England.

COOL!
-----------------------------------

Working on new panos for the canopy - comments?  Ideas? 
Cave Point - Door County



Cana Island Lighthouse - Door County
--------------------------------

Thursday is The Andy Winn (adubya) Memorial Tournament.  OH, hes not dead or anything just moved to the East Coast so on that day he is dead to us!   Tee-Time is a 6:15 IN THE MORNING (or something like that) at The Nag and a Brewer game afterwords!  I'm suppose to have a Home Brew Club meeting after that but . . . . . .


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ▼  July (9)
      • A week in a nutshell
      • Portrait day!
      • Save the Boobs, Cure the Assholes benefit!
      • All Royal Family Channel
      • Tuesday Blog
      • Tonto
      • Tuesday Stuff
      • Flowers are blooming!
      • Salt and lawyers.
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile