Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, March 31, 2011

QE2 is ending! Hide your money!

Posted on 5:53 AM by Unknown
You know it's not even worth talking about Walker and his cronies in charge of DOA and what they are doing - the shock value is gone.

I talked to my brother who lives in Springfield Illinois and for a while I thought he had gone to the dark side.  He is a business owner ( MMLP Architectural Services - " MMLP Exists To Improve The Built Environment ") and when I told him all that was going on in Wisconsin he seemed unfazed.  But then I realized for seven years HE had Rod R. "Milorad" Blagojevich for Governor which makes Walker look like a rookie!

So I guess he is excused from getting all humped up over what is going on in Wisconsin.
---------------------------------------

The big thing I'm getting ready for today is that I'm taking Milo into the Doctor. The last time he went in DJ took him and she said "I will NEVER take Milo to the doctor again". I guess there was blood all over the room as Milo is not really Doctor friendly and has all his claws (and a few extras it seems). I have a special suit I'll put on this time.

He seems to have a cough which could be a hair ball or mouse stuck in his throat and has had a snotty cold for like a month.  Nothing better then him cuddling up next to you at night and sneezing in your face!

-----------------------------------------------------------

As you might have noticed the Stock Market has been doing very well for the past couple years.  Seems natural disasters have little impact on the markets and even gasoline prices are not hurting.  People complain about the price of gas saying it will hurt the economy but in reality it has very little effect.  Of course if the price of gas went from $2 to $4 over night THAT would hurt but a few cents at a time people and companies adjust.

Plus I have these cool coupons you can use when you go the the gas station.


Anyway I think I might start to slowly move some money into some saver areas in the market.  You see one of the things that has really helped in the past year is the QE2, the second round of the governments "quantitative easing".

This comes to an end in June which also coincides with the typical summer stock doldrums.  My feeling is that money managers also know this and THEY will start to go saver in May to get a jump on everybody else who will be going saver. 

What QE2 did was keep BAD things from happening by dumping 80 billion dollars into Treasury bond purchases. It created a sort of base.  By printing more money and keeping interests rates low the corrections have been manageable. But there won't be a QE3 because of there are inflation worries.  I believe that while there is a very good chance for stocks to go up!  There is a bigger chance for stocks to go down or stagnate in the summer.  and let's not forget,  people are just WAY TO bullish!  
----------------------------------------------------

Remember our pheasant friend?

Seems he has been tap tap tapping on all the windows in our neighborhood.  He was at out walk out basement window this morning.  I think he is looking for loving! Wants to be somebodies pet perhaps.
---------------------------------------------------


Thirteen years ago today the Brewers played their first National League Game!

Have a wonderful Thursday.

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ▼  March (18)
      • QE2 is ending! Hide your money!
      • A company is actually NOT a human.
      • The war on the impoverished
      • The Ninth Gate
      • We won Mega Millions . . or al least a part!
      • the (lesser) signs of the apocalypse
      • Find a meeting place.
      • Reacting to Japan - Brewers
      • The Pledge of Allegiance
      • gerrymandering
      • Welcome to Fitzwalkerstan
      • Retiring is suppose to be a happy time not a sad t...
      • Winning Battles!
      • The truth is out!
      • No real ranting today!
      • Madison Metro unveils new streamline bus system
      • It's a Girl
      • Lead burns red and makes you dead
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile