Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, March 18, 2011

Find a meeting place.

Posted on 8:24 AM by Unknown
Luckily I never pulled the stock market trigger - once I saw stocks were zooming on GOOD economic news I felt that there was no panic and investors were acting rationally.

---------------------------

Then there are the Badgers - I can't remember WHO we played last year in the "first" round but it always seems the Badgers play some abnormal team. Some team that won a lot of games because they play a totally different style then the Badgers are used to.

I mean - come on, Belmont took all 5 guys out at once and replaced them with 5 different guys? They made 55 substitutions? sheesh!!

--------------------------

I'm waiting for the DIRECT TV guy today - they narrowed in the time as between noon and 4:00 - THANK YOU!!! After spending 1.5 hours on the phone they FINALLY realized maybe the receiver is broken!! YEA - like I had been saying all along!

--------------------------

In bad news I can not seem to find my notebook of beer recipes! I know I had it because I told myself to not lose it again so I put it somewhere where I would remember it. Now if I could only figure out where that was.

--------------------------

No real news to speak of on this side! You know with this whole Japanese disaster thing is that we all feel so safe, nothing can happen to us.

But what families really should do is just decide that IN CASE there is a major disaster - have a meeting place that the family can go to. Think about it - an EMT pulse takes out the internet and cell phones and for some reason you can not GET to you house. Your family is spread out - where do you go???? Where is the meeting place. Have two places - one close by on the other side of town and one somewhere safe - far away that you can all go towards.

I'm sure most people in Japan have no where to find their loved ones, they might all be alive but miles apart.

Get a meeting place.

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ▼  March (18)
      • QE2 is ending! Hide your money!
      • A company is actually NOT a human.
      • The war on the impoverished
      • The Ninth Gate
      • We won Mega Millions . . or al least a part!
      • the (lesser) signs of the apocalypse
      • Find a meeting place.
      • Reacting to Japan - Brewers
      • The Pledge of Allegiance
      • gerrymandering
      • Welcome to Fitzwalkerstan
      • Retiring is suppose to be a happy time not a sad t...
      • Winning Battles!
      • The truth is out!
      • No real ranting today!
      • Madison Metro unveils new streamline bus system
      • It's a Girl
      • Lead burns red and makes you dead
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile