Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Winning Battles!

Posted on 8:07 AM by Unknown
WOW - what a LONG drive to work - there were 7 cars off the road between Columbus and Sun Prairie! As I was driving I was thinking this is the worst I have ever seen 151 but U did not want to say that out loud! Then DJ says "This is the worst I have ever seen 151".

The other lane seemed better but in order to get there I had to get out of my tracks and jump over the . . I don't know what you all the 6 inches of snow that line the lanes. I was cruising at 40mph catch up to cars and by the time I was in the left hand lane I was going 30 and just hanging on to control!! SHEESH!! Took 1 hour and 45 minutes to get to work more then twice as long!
----------------------------------------

In other news Governor Walker is quietly euthanizing inconsequential and redundant Public Servants before the Union thugs catch wind of it.

Thank you Onion for letting me steal an idea.

-----------------------------------------
But let's get serious.

In reality - Wisconsin is winning! You can tell by the news conferences (called pressers by the media) which appear at random times whenever Walker feels threatened . . .which seems to be every day now.

The newest problem is that he PROMISED that he would NEVER negotiate but it seems he is caving in and HAS BEEN negotiating.  Then when things are looking promising  he threatens the Wis 14 with arrest.  Which actually would be contempt of court if he did arrest anybody for a non-felony!

ALL the polls - even by conservative leaning pollsters are against Walker and conservative pro-Walker newspapers like the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel are having anti-Walker headlines!  He is losing this war.  Wisconsin has won ALL the battles!

BUT - Michigan - look what their Republic Governor is proposing - The Governor, at his whim, can declare ANY town as being in an emergency  fiscal situation.  And when he declares it he has the power to REPLACE the towns government for people of HIS choosing.  Furthermore - he can actually unincorporate the town, actually dissolving the town OR merge into another town.  CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?

For instance - he could dissolve Columbus and make it part of Waterloo using the Waterloo Police department, OR - just replace the City Council and Mayor and everybody else with anybody he wants! (If Columbus was in Michigan I suppose).

So much for democracy!

HUGE rally this Saturday - rumors and spin have it a 150,000.  
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ▼  March (18)
      • QE2 is ending! Hide your money!
      • A company is actually NOT a human.
      • The war on the impoverished
      • The Ninth Gate
      • We won Mega Millions . . or al least a part!
      • the (lesser) signs of the apocalypse
      • Find a meeting place.
      • Reacting to Japan - Brewers
      • The Pledge of Allegiance
      • gerrymandering
      • Welcome to Fitzwalkerstan
      • Retiring is suppose to be a happy time not a sad t...
      • Winning Battles!
      • The truth is out!
      • No real ranting today!
      • Madison Metro unveils new streamline bus system
      • It's a Girl
      • Lead burns red and makes you dead
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile