Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A company is actually NOT a human.

Posted on 6:45 AM by Unknown
I downloaded Firefox 4 and am very impressed - there is a definite increase in speed on the internet and while the look is a little different it's easy to get used too. Much cleaner and you have more screen to work with. THUMBS UP.

IE9 ( or before "9")is still the very worst and slowest browser you can have - I can not understand how people can use it.
------------------------------------

What do you guys think about auto-speeding tickets! There is a place on I-95 where they set up a camera and on all vehicles that are going 10 mph over the speed limit a $133 is generated and automatically sent to the owner of the car. The town of 4000 has generated over one quarter of a million dollars in like 4 months in tickets!

Law makers are trying to outlaw the machine even though the average speed has dropped and there are 30% less accidents. The Law makers say it's BIG BROTHER!

Comments?
-------------------------------------

Speaking of lawmakers - I'm glad that Walker has shown us that where a court orders something you really don't have to abide by the rules! WHO KNEW IT WAS THAT EASY!! Break a law? Just say it's not MY law and you don't have to follow it! SWEET DEAL!

I took Elwood to vote yesterday for his very first time. I think he was proud. In fact he has watched every debate on TV . . . have you? Did you watch the Prosser/Kloppenberg debate? Are you telling me that Elwood is more informed then you are? What get's me are all the people that voted for Walker because they had people telling them to vote that way! One woman told me that she voted for Walker because everybody TOLD her how bad Barret was. if you are going to vote - do your OWN research, make your OWN decision.

OH - the referendums! vote YES on both (tee hee) - they are trying to limit the amount of money big business can put into politics - basically saying that a company is actually NOT a human.
------------------------------------

So I sent a scathing Letter to the Editor of The Columbus Journal! I also told Paul it was not personal. My beef is that their "Guest Column" was all political spin telling us how wonderful the budget bill is. I read it and was angry and through down the paper in disgust.

I feel that if you are going to have a "Guest Column" and it is a political opinion ON EITHER SIDE, it should be called for what it is . . .Political SPIN. Perhaps they should call it "Guest Political Opinion" so people know it is full of half truths. All it was last week was a LARGE Letter to the Editor. I don't feel our newspaper should have a large political column UNLESS, there is a rebuttal, ON THE SAME PAGE!

Reading the newspaper should be news not spin. I read the Guest Column's and agree and disagree but when I see something that just makes me angry for the next few hours . . . . maybe I should just not read the paper . . . .and is that what The Columbus Journal wants?

So while Paul (the Editor and a real newspaper dude) contacted me and did explain that they do put both sides up and they are not leaning one way or the other (which I feel is true) and I did feel guilty for a few minutes . . . I stand by my Letter.

Of course I probably alienated all sorts of people and now I will have to count ALL the Red Bud trees by myself (my count the Red Bud Project) now since I will be banned from further Letters to the Editor!

----------------------------------------------------
Looks like I might be going to Opening Day for the Brewers. One project this year is I'm betting (a small amount) on EVERY Brewer game (or at least until my small bankroll runs out of money).

Their 1st game is in Cincinnati and the Brewers are +106 underdogs! (meaning bet $100 to win $106). I bet the Brewers.

The 19th century Baltimore Orioles - As you are no doubt aware, the Orioles of that vintage were a tough bunch of men. They drank all the liquor in America, they went decades without sleeping, they brawled against Norse gods, and they saw all of their children killed gruesomely by primitive farming equipment. 

SO what would YOUR 19th Century Baltimore Oriole nickname be?  Mine is Manslaughter Klondike - The operating assumption is that I'm generally furious about my station in life, the disloyal opposition across the diamond, and this thing deep in the chest that feels increasingly like a fatal catarrh.



Go to the Rum & Monkey blog to find YOUR name.

-----------------------------------------------

Did I post this here?  This is the most amazing video of the Japan Tsunami - heck just that siren makes me get goosey bumps! WHEN will the water STOP rising! HOLY CRAP!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmTb8y84KEQ



-----------------------------------

Have a calm dry day!

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ▼  March (18)
      • QE2 is ending! Hide your money!
      • A company is actually NOT a human.
      • The war on the impoverished
      • The Ninth Gate
      • We won Mega Millions . . or al least a part!
      • the (lesser) signs of the apocalypse
      • Find a meeting place.
      • Reacting to Japan - Brewers
      • The Pledge of Allegiance
      • gerrymandering
      • Welcome to Fitzwalkerstan
      • Retiring is suppose to be a happy time not a sad t...
      • Winning Battles!
      • The truth is out!
      • No real ranting today!
      • Madison Metro unveils new streamline bus system
      • It's a Girl
      • Lead burns red and makes you dead
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile