Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, September 17, 2010

This and That Friday

Posted on 7:11 AM by Unknown
Want to know what it's like to work on the worlds tallest tower? I bet these guys make a LOT of money - the area after about -2.50 remaining is INSANE!! Good thing they are wearing helmets to protect them if they fall. I watched this from the beginning and felt - yea - I could do that, not a problem . . . but they keep up UP and UP!!  





I avoided watching The Apprentice last night as I did not want to get sucked in . . . .but DJ went to bed and I walked out as they were in the board room and . . . . damn it it was interesting. sigh

At least it's not Celebrity Apprentice which totally sucked. I tried watching a new show called  Nikita on Hulu but it kept freezing. We have Charter Cable but still it froze.  

---------------------------------

On this date in 1983 Vanessa Williams becomes first black Miss America. I did not know that!

In 1862 this day marked the bloodiest day in American History as the Battle of Antietam begins in the American Civil war. The total of losses for both sides is a staggering 24,000.  Tthis is the battle that included the sunken road that became known as "Bloody Lane". Because of the horrific amount of blood on this road after this particular battle was over, the sunken road was nicknamed Bloody Lane. It was told that the Blood was literally "flowing like a river" with casualties in the 5000 range.

WELL - that is certainly uplifting isn't it!
------------------------------

Out Sweet Autumn Clematis is starting to flower. This is it's second year growing and the plan is to have two more. However I have been putting the breaks on the plan as I want to make sure this vine does not become a problem. It's rather . . robust.



I estimate maybe 5% of the flowers are in bloom and when it gets in full gear it could be breath taking. It also has a fantastic aroma.

HA - in boredom  last night  I started to watch an old TV show called The Rat Patrol. I love this show when I was a kid.  After 3 minutes I realized that this 1966 show was much better 40 years ago.  Of note the bad guy was Eric Braeden from The Young and Restless (he is not one of the young ones I guess) but back then he used his real name Hans Gudegast.

I Netflixed Shutter Island and will watch it tonight once DJ is out of the room. After watching Biography with Leonardo DiCaprio I felt the need to see a movie of his. I've seen Blood Diamond and I loved The Aviator.

OK - nuff said - I have nothing

Have a great weekend
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ▼  September (20)
      • Too many things going on!
      • Retire in Ecuador Report?
      • Football - The Bears STILL suck.
      • The World Series of Football
      • I'm not Grumpy damn it!
      • Kestrel Ridge Golf Course Piss's Me Off
      • Is Columbus Illiterate? Or just Lazy!
      • Two Guys and a Beer Landscaping
      • This and That Friday
      • POOP!!!!
      • I'm conflicted
      • B's Bee's and Bea's
      • That's the best play we can think of?
      • Talking head Minnesota team rant
      • RAIN - MOST EVER!!!
      • Rush Poker
      • Who passed the wind!
      • BRRRRRRRRRR!!!
      • New Book for Columbus! The Ring - Bobby's Story
      • overweight former rock stars suck
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile