Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm not Grumpy damn it!

Posted on 7:17 AM by Unknown
I've been told that I sound rather pissy lately. Well - I suppose a few things have bothered me and I had to get them off my chest. Not that that is a good personality trait I suppose. Sort of like Survivor when people think that stating their mind and not being able to control the vast amount of insults that spew from their mouths is just "me being me". They don't realize that sometimes "me being me" means you are just being an ass which means . . . your an ass.

ANYWAY - I'm not all crabby but man - looking at that first paragraph I seem crabby again!! Maybe I'm turning into an old man. HEY YOU KIDS GET OFF MY FUCKING LAWN! oops - - did I say that out loud?

Maybe I'm crabby because I have a two day Art Fair this weekend which pretty much blows my weekend. I'm not sure I really appreciate two day Art Fairs as much as I should. Maybe when I retire I'll like them more. I did go to a retirement meeting this week and I now know everything there is about retiring from State Service. 57 is a magic number for age but there is no ultra magic number (like 87) when it comes to age and years of service.

57 is magic because the earliest you can retire is 55 but the penalty is great. However from 55 to 56 the penalty is 5% less and 5% less again up to 57. Once you hit 57 the yearly penalty increases at a much slower rate of 1% a year.

Anyway retiring does not mean sitting at home watching TV. Means looking for a part time job. I'm just retiring from what I've been doing for 23 years.Lately work has been getting in the way of photography.

But then - if I retire I won't see cool things like this at random time.  



I have yet to see the Weinermobile in Columbus!  Can that not make you smile? . . unless you are a vegetarian and loath wieners!   Yea - ever see a Lettucemobile, no, you know why?  Because it's a stupid idea! Plus I suspect the first windy day it would be tough to drive.  Wieners were created to be aerodynamic.  

-----------------------------------------------

This is one of the funniest articles I have read concerning our favorite villian Brett the Viking.

One of the most daunting challenges for any family involves what to do when an elderly member begins to slip. It's a sensitive issue, and inevitably every family has to deal with it. The situation needs to be handled with dignity, because that old person you put out to pasture will be you someday.

Magic Appears to Have Run Out  for Favre 

 -----------------------------------------

Football Outsiders is a site that rates team efficiency.  They look at every play by every player on the field and if he won or lost the battle on that particular play.  After Week #2 Green Bay is ranked as the #2 best team in  efficiency in the NFL behind Atlanta.  Offense is #4, defense is #11 and special teams is #11

At this point the Packers have a 84.6% chance to make the playoffs, Bears  65.9%, Vikings 11.7%.   Packers have a 15.1% chance to WIN the Superbowl,  Bears 5.8% chance to win the SB.  Minnesota have a 1.5% chance to have the #1 pick in the draft.

At the moment there is a 2.5% chance that Green Bay will play New England in the Super Bowl.

Off to the dentist! 


Cheers
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ▼  September (20)
      • Too many things going on!
      • Retire in Ecuador Report?
      • Football - The Bears STILL suck.
      • The World Series of Football
      • I'm not Grumpy damn it!
      • Kestrel Ridge Golf Course Piss's Me Off
      • Is Columbus Illiterate? Or just Lazy!
      • Two Guys and a Beer Landscaping
      • This and That Friday
      • POOP!!!!
      • I'm conflicted
      • B's Bee's and Bea's
      • That's the best play we can think of?
      • Talking head Minnesota team rant
      • RAIN - MOST EVER!!!
      • Rush Poker
      • Who passed the wind!
      • BRRRRRRRRRR!!!
      • New Book for Columbus! The Ring - Bobby's Story
      • overweight former rock stars suck
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile