Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is Columbus Illiterate? Or just Lazy!

Posted on 7:07 AM by Unknown
I WAS SHOCKED!

Boyd Kraemer was speaking to the City Council with one of his pep-talk speechs (I believe . . I can only imagine . . . OH OH  was the CDA meeting last night? Did I miss it?) and he was talking about city streets and repairing them.  Seems many people want them repaired and would embrace being taxed for the repairs.

Wait - would they?  Well there was a survey that went out to 1137 random citizens (I was one) but get this - only 447 were completed and returned.  That is total BULLSHIT!  39% were returned?  I want a survey to see who could not spend 10 minutes to fill out an important survey.  Can people not read?   No one!  NO ONE can complain about the city doing whatever the hell they want to do.  It just pisses me off when I see 690 surveys were tossed out and not looked at.

And Todd wonders why the town can not get it's act together?  There ya go.  OH - everybody can come out for the 4th of July Parade but spend 10 minutes to fill out a survey?  Sorry!  way to busy.   I know people that would have LOVED to take a survey.  Maybe next time they should only have people that want to respond, they are the only ones that care.  Fuck the rest of the non-responders.

sigh - got that off my chest!
------------------------------------------
I picked Elwood up in Madison Saturday and as normal we took a drive into the country between Sun Prairie and Columbus.  I get some nice shots from time to time on the drives. I took this after climbing a 15 foot embankment.

Did not come out as I imagined but after tricking it out a little it became blog worth at least.  
 

----------------------------------

Anybody see the ending of the football game last night? If you did you witnessed some brand new technology in action. The 2nd week this technology has been in place it was use to decide a game - what luck.  

What you saw was the final 2 point conversion where the current cameras could not get a perfect shot on whether the ball had crossed the goal line.  Enter new technology.  32 brand new cameras the size of business cards (but thicker I would think) are located around the stadium in entrance ways and corridors and all focused on the goal line.  Then if needed they can stitch all the images into one for a perfect shot on where the ball was.  Worked out fantastic last night!
----------------------------------

also watched Hawaii Five-O last night and I liked it.  Pretty action-y but Jin from LOST is a star along with Grace Park from Battlestar Galactica (the best Scince Fiction show ever) with Scott Caan (son of James Caan) and some other Navy Seal dude!
------------------------------------------

 I'm not going to mention poker - QUADS?  really?  You had QUADS?  sigh!  at some point my opponents have some big ol whoop ass coming their way.  I'm getting tired of sets killing my hands and now QUADS?  

OH - I'm due! 

Rod
Out
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ▼  September (20)
      • Too many things going on!
      • Retire in Ecuador Report?
      • Football - The Bears STILL suck.
      • The World Series of Football
      • I'm not Grumpy damn it!
      • Kestrel Ridge Golf Course Piss's Me Off
      • Is Columbus Illiterate? Or just Lazy!
      • Two Guys and a Beer Landscaping
      • This and That Friday
      • POOP!!!!
      • I'm conflicted
      • B's Bee's and Bea's
      • That's the best play we can think of?
      • Talking head Minnesota team rant
      • RAIN - MOST EVER!!!
      • Rush Poker
      • Who passed the wind!
      • BRRRRRRRRRR!!!
      • New Book for Columbus! The Ring - Bobby's Story
      • overweight former rock stars suck
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile