Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, September 9, 2010

RAIN - MOST EVER!!!

Posted on 8:21 AM by Unknown
According to the Wisconsin State Climatology Office "Wisconsin has established a new record in 2010 for the average statewide summer rainfall:18.65 inches. This top rank is based upon summer (June-August) data for the past 116 years.  The old average statewide summer rainfall amount was 16.24 inches set back in 1980."

Here in Columbus we accumulated 22.74 inches of rain in those months with 29 dates of measurable rain.  

"Summer temperatures averaged a bit above normal, particularly at night, due to abnormally high humidity levels.  The combination of these conditions produced energy for frequent heavy rains, strong storms, and an unusually large count of 40 tornadoes, with only four of them reaching the damaging EF2 level. This large number is nearly twice the modern normal number, and ranks 2010 as the third most active summer in recent decades."
 --------------------------------------

Hmmmmmm - there it is again - tendon pain.  I think I know what the problem is.  I'm not playing poker THAT much - seriously - maybe an hour a night.  But last night I noticed that my index finger on my left hand is placed on the 1 for a raise and my left two fingers are "comfortably" stretched at an odd angle . . . .like a Vulcan.  I think I must be stressing my hand - I'll have to watch that.

BTW - played like a dumb ass - NEVER lose your stack with top pair!  DAAAA!   I'm down to winning 94 big blinds per hour.  I also lost a HUGE HUGE HUGE hand when a guy hit his miracle 10 on the river for a set.

ANYWAY - Ironman is setting up next to my work and I have to decide if I'll do it this year.  2.6 mile swim followed with a 112 mile bike race and finishing with a 26.2 mile run.  I have not actually worked out or anything but I have a few days yet.  The event is Sunday, I wonder if I could golf after I got done with the race.  hmmmm     No - no I don't think I could - I better not do Ironman as I have a golf outing Sunday.

I see the course record is from some guy from Australia - NOT EVEN AN AMERICAN - that makes my blood boil - I'm shaving my legs at break - maybe I WILL do it.!
 ---------------------------

FOOTBALL!!!!  Football Outsiders - the Bill James of Football prognosticators have come out with their projections.

They say Chicago will actually win more games the Minnesota. Packers 6th best in the NFL and 2nd best in the NFC behind Atlanta.  Packers have the 6th best offense, 14th best defense and 28th best Special Teams.
---------------------------------------

Just curious what you guys think of this.  It's a rescue photo from a 1 mega pix camera.  I can't blow it up any larger then 8x10 so I thought I would matte it and frame it.  Just curious on thoughts!



And this morning I was drawn to a scene on the square - I just liked the lighting . . but then I took out the color!   hmmmmm  maybe I like it better colorized.


Looks like an old postcard - I wish a 1940 car would have driven buy at that moment - NO LUCK!

Actually I have this as my background now and like it larger. The more I look at it . . . . . 



------------------------
That's it - I actually have work to do!

Have a great game tonight - GO SAINTS!

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ▼  September (20)
      • Too many things going on!
      • Retire in Ecuador Report?
      • Football - The Bears STILL suck.
      • The World Series of Football
      • I'm not Grumpy damn it!
      • Kestrel Ridge Golf Course Piss's Me Off
      • Is Columbus Illiterate? Or just Lazy!
      • Two Guys and a Beer Landscaping
      • This and That Friday
      • POOP!!!!
      • I'm conflicted
      • B's Bee's and Bea's
      • That's the best play we can think of?
      • Talking head Minnesota team rant
      • RAIN - MOST EVER!!!
      • Rush Poker
      • Who passed the wind!
      • BRRRRRRRRRR!!!
      • New Book for Columbus! The Ring - Bobby's Story
      • overweight former rock stars suck
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile