Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Retire in Ecuador Report?

Posted on 6:54 AM by Unknown
It's always interesting to see what those little worthless Google ad's are touting. Even though I have decided that I will retire (from State Service) in late March I don't think I will take the family to Ecuador . . .although it would be blog worthy.

-----------------------------------

Blake loves his pain meds. We got home last night and he was still limping drastically and I gave him a RIMADYL that I got from the vet. One hour later he is PRANCING into the living room with a big smile and I open the door and he RUNS out! Then a while later he is jumping up the deck steps to eat Milo's leftover outside food.

Two hours later he is sound asleep!

This morning he got up and was a tiny bit limpy and hoping for another one of those fun treats I gave him.
----------------------------------------

Last night I was going over next years schedule for Fairs and decided that any fair that only had the word CRAFT would be X'ed out. I will also add the words "Flea Market" as a no no along with "Bake Sale".

The Baraboo Faire on The Square was crossed out also. When I went to the website I noticed that the organizers, after 22 years were pulling out which raises a red flag. They said it was only about 10% artists with the rest Crafters anyway when I contacted them.

------------------------------------------

We watched Hawaii Five-O - one of our favorite new shows. Also like The Defenders and I like Detroit 1-8-7. Outsourced - sucks HOWEVER - if that whole concept intrigues you, the movie Outsourced is one of those hidden gems that did not get much attention but I really liked it.



I see Lone Star has already been canceled and The Apprentice is one of the Biggest Losers. Undercover Boss had a series low and well, it seems every episode is the same just a different company. HBO's Boardwalk tanked (good - I will never forgive HBO for killing Deadwood AND lying to everybody about an upcoming movie to end the series).

Last night I saw part of the new Ken Burns documentary on baseball called The Tenth Inning. Fascinating! When you are living in the moment you never see the whole scope. I did not realize that Cal Ripken basically save baseball after the strike. I know that strike killed baseball for me for 6 years! I played in Strat-o-Matic baseball leagues for 25 years and when the strike hit I was so disgusted never played another game and did not even care about baseball until 2000.

---------------------------------------------

I'm going to stop typing - my left hand is really hurting. Where is that RIMADYL LOL. Maybe I should raise my seat more, I tried standing up but can't reach the keyboard.

Have a nice warm Wednesday
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ▼  September (20)
      • Too many things going on!
      • Retire in Ecuador Report?
      • Football - The Bears STILL suck.
      • The World Series of Football
      • I'm not Grumpy damn it!
      • Kestrel Ridge Golf Course Piss's Me Off
      • Is Columbus Illiterate? Or just Lazy!
      • Two Guys and a Beer Landscaping
      • This and That Friday
      • POOP!!!!
      • I'm conflicted
      • B's Bee's and Bea's
      • That's the best play we can think of?
      • Talking head Minnesota team rant
      • RAIN - MOST EVER!!!
      • Rush Poker
      • Who passed the wind!
      • BRRRRRRRRRR!!!
      • New Book for Columbus! The Ring - Bobby's Story
      • overweight former rock stars suck
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile