Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Football - The Bears STILL suck.

Posted on 7:54 AM by Unknown
All I'm going to say about the Packers is that the Bears did not impress me! I believe a very unlucky bounce and 17 penalties were the kicker on a loss last night! Along with zero running game and poor special teams and a handful of interceptions that were nullified by said penalties.

We basically HANDED them the game and they STILL had problems winning.

With that said I have an "A" pick for all of you gamblers out there. At one point in my life I was a tout and one little system, over the years" has kept on ticking like a little pink bunny. It's record now is 51-15 Against The Spread. I only get 4 or 5 picks a year but they are gold. This week I have my first "A" game. Play the NY Giants over the Bears and you are even giving the Bears 4 points.

----------------------------------

Watched two movie's in the past week. "Shutter Island" and "The Book of Eli". Both were very very good and the endings leave you wishing there was more.

-----------------------------------

Ken Burns has his Baseball special on tonight on PBS - The Tenth Inning. This continues the BIG baseball documentary (which you can not get on Netflix)and covers the last 20ish years, the strike, steroids and so forth.

---------------------------------------

Has anyone ever been to the Baraboo "Faire on the Square" in the Spring? I'm now looking into shows for NEXT year and X-ing out all fairs with the word CRAFT in them. Also - looking at what sold this year it seems people really like city scenes so once I start zoning in on the Fairs for next year I have to get to the towns and take artsy photos!

Tooting my own horn alert.

If there is one thing I have taken away from this summer of fairs is that all the compliments seem to have the same general language.  In fact this email encapsulates most of the compliments I recieve.  It's sort of creepy actually.

In my opinion most paintings bore me. Most photography displays bore me too - but your work method is like a whole new “type” of art. 

The color tricks me into thinking it’s a painting and then suddenly I’m struck with the truth that it’s a photo. Then once I recognize the subject location, I get a kind of nostalgic impression that, most likely, everybody interprets differently. Some may go back in time while others may see it as now or possibly in the future.  Or I just experience a different mood to a common place I see every day. 

Your stuff is really exciting to see.  


----------------------------------------------

Blake hurt himself. He was running around all excited and as he came around the corner YELP!! and he tumbles.  He can't put any weight on his front left paw.  I think we will have to take him to the vet tonight after work.  Poor guy, deaf and now limping.  Being a 14 year old is tough!  He is in pretty good shape for being an old dog though, still runs around and is very happy. Sleeps a lot because of no noise stimulation.
-------------------------------------------------

Look who sits up on her own.  A little camera shy and loves to smile AFTER the flash!! 


Caydence is an accomplished roller and rolls all over the place now!  She has become mobile and a whole knew stress for Jenny has reared it's head.  No longer content on just laying around. Caydence is Roller Girl.
----------------------
On the way home from Green Lake I saw some farm equipment in operation and stopped. The sun was in the wrong place and my camera was on the worst setting possible but I did not realize it.  So I was snapping away and didn't get much.

About 10 miles farther I saw the perfect shots with great light . . .but as I got closer I saw it was a manure spreader with crap flying EVERYWHERE.  I thought about stopping but then felt that was there really anyone who would buy fine art of poop flying through the air. . . . .hmmmm maybe there IS!!

Anyway - this is an image from my first non-poopy shot! 


BTW - getting some comments on that photo - I'll put a poll up in a few minutes - I just never know if something is worth exploring further. 


Nuff said

Have a To Too Tuesday!
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ▼  September (20)
      • Too many things going on!
      • Retire in Ecuador Report?
      • Football - The Bears STILL suck.
      • The World Series of Football
      • I'm not Grumpy damn it!
      • Kestrel Ridge Golf Course Piss's Me Off
      • Is Columbus Illiterate? Or just Lazy!
      • Two Guys and a Beer Landscaping
      • This and That Friday
      • POOP!!!!
      • I'm conflicted
      • B's Bee's and Bea's
      • That's the best play we can think of?
      • Talking head Minnesota team rant
      • RAIN - MOST EVER!!!
      • Rush Poker
      • Who passed the wind!
      • BRRRRRRRRRR!!!
      • New Book for Columbus! The Ring - Bobby's Story
      • overweight former rock stars suck
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile