Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

This and that

Posted on 11:05 AM by Unknown
Shocking - Mat Gamel is out for the year.  Who could have predicted he would injure himself. Well, there is always next year!
---------------------------------


WORST HEADLINE IN HISTORY


The Wisconsin State Journal had a bottom of the page headline.


Murder charge stalls Pistorius' career.

How about 

Murder stalls Steenkamp's life. 

Who gives a rats ass about Pistorius's career.  He shot Steenkamp four times through a locked bathroom door.  He claims he thought it was a robber?  What, was the robber taking a dump?  "Sorry man, I really gotta go".   

Then the article goes on and says that all future races have been canceled!   sigh, 

------------------------------------

I have a new post about why Columbus need a change in vision or perhaps just HAVING vision.   MelotteforCityCouncil.org 

-------------------------------------

I'm stalling - nothing to say.  I AM going to the CC meeting tonight with a question.  More on that tomorrow . . about how children in Columbus are not allowed to ride bicycles . . . anywhere. 

I was going to talk about DOMS as I'm now suffering through it from Day 2 of Extreme Monkey Bar Gym workout.  My quads are particularly sore today.  Not sure why those took the beating.

DOMS is Delayed onset muscle soreness and is one symptom of exercise-induced muscle damage. It's caused by eccentric (lengthening) contractions of the muscle. It's pretty common and is a normal response to unusual exertion and is part of an adaptation process that leads to greater stamina and strength as the muscles recover and build hypertrophy**.

**a term for the growth and increase of the size of muscle cells.

DOMS normally, is at it's worst within the first 2 days following a new, intense activity and slowly subsides over the next few days . . . unless you do it all again on day three!!

DOMS is a result of microscopic tearing of the muscle fibers which I believe, my quads are now just a bunch of hanging fibers.

There is not much you can do with DOMS but wait it out.  It's actually not a BAD pain to have.  One thing that does seem to help is called "Active Recovery, a low-intensity exercise after an intense workout.  Maybe jumping rope?   I'll do that next time.

I tell ya - day two was as intense and I love it.

this is what it looks like! A freaking lot of fun!!

http://youtu.be/7nS0xOr2g4k

 

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ▼  February (10)
      • SNOW
      • Golfers Elbows
      • I have to pitch to the networks.
      • This and that
      • I was reduced to a puddle of goo.
      • Opposable thumbs
      • Columbus Sleigh rally
      • Coyotes
      • City Council Meeting - small blog
      • Jimmy the Stick was not aware if it's shadow
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile