Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Columbus Sleigh rally

Posted on 7:33 AM by Unknown
Would have posted sooner but I had so very important HIPPA training to do.

Last weekend DJ and I attended the Columbus Sleigh Rally and it was pretty nice.  Could not ask for better snow and I had a chance to speak to Fritz Klien again. The nations foremost Lincoln impersonator.   I presented him with a 20x30 image of himself and Grant.  I believe it's the only photo of him ever taken where he was smiling.


At the rally I took more shots (I suppose Lincoln does not love that wording) at Lincoln and the few I've played with are here.

This first one is my favorite at the moment - not sure why.  I think it's just because it stirs  . . .sadness?? I don't know.



and here is one with his wife who was not REALLY excited to be all dressed up for a day but . . . .
Well done Melanie Lichtfeld and team for a nice rally!

-----------------------------------------

Then there is the Grammy's - WOW - I thought tha twas one of the most boring Grammys ever.  Must have been the anal dress code.

I think the best performance was by Rhinna  - it was intoxicating .

http://youtu.be/zkPwHJvp7DU

  
 Otherwise - not a lot to talk about HERE! 

We had 0.854 inches of rain the other day and I'll post the rain chart when I update it.

Then there is the Pope.   No comment. 

Survivor and Amazing Race premier this week.  Rumor has it three teams quite on Amazing Race.   A new show called Zero Hour premiers Thursday and looks pretty good.   A 13 episode series (+ 9 if all goes well) called Under the Dome taken from a Steve King book  is in the works.  About a town of 5000 where a dome cuts them off from the world 

grr - gotta run! 

Grinder out
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ▼  February (10)
      • SNOW
      • Golfers Elbows
      • I have to pitch to the networks.
      • This and that
      • I was reduced to a puddle of goo.
      • Opposable thumbs
      • Columbus Sleigh rally
      • Coyotes
      • City Council Meeting - small blog
      • Jimmy the Stick was not aware if it's shadow
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile