Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Coyotes

Posted on 5:52 AM by Unknown
After searching the internet for tracks and prints and sounds I've come to the conclusion that the tracks in my back yard are from Coyotes. 

The tracks I posted yesterday look exactly like some I saw on the net.  Then yesterday I was shoving my sidewalk and noticed the same tracks in the snow and on the sidewalk was a print which at first I thought was a large dog but going the wrong direction. So searching I find that it looks a LOT like a coyote track. 

Then  I found this.    Coyote sounds    which at about the 10 second mark is exactly what DJ and I have woken up to a few times in the summer.  And if you REALLY want to have fun.  What your cat when you play the sound.   Milo FREAKS out.  Get's all puffy and is on high alert. 

----------------------------------------------------------

The Columbus City Council is following the US Postal Service in a cost saving and voted to turn off all city street lights on Saturdays.  This will save 14% of our street light budget.  With that vote passing some of the Antique Stores downtown have said they will no longer be open on Saturdays saving gas money from having to drive in to open their stores.  They will now only be open between 5:00pm and 6:00pm every other day.

The Columbus Public Works is considering turning off the water pumps on Saturdays to also save money.  In an experiment, water service will be terminated on Saturday to see if anybody notices.  The thinking is that if no calls to complain perhaps fresh water is just another needless entitlement.  Phone service will also be terminated on Saturday and again, if no one complains . . . . .

And on a serious note - Netflix stock jumped 6% yesterday. The reason is that with no Saturday mail Netflix will save $100 million because people will watch less movies.  I guess they believe that Americans will not be able to figure out how to get their movies BEFORE Saturday!          

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have a new MelotteforCC blog explaining The Gateway. Check it out.  

-----------------------------------------------------------
    
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ▼  February (10)
      • SNOW
      • Golfers Elbows
      • I have to pitch to the networks.
      • This and that
      • I was reduced to a puddle of goo.
      • Opposable thumbs
      • Columbus Sleigh rally
      • Coyotes
      • City Council Meeting - small blog
      • Jimmy the Stick was not aware if it's shadow
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile