Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

City Council Meeting - small blog

Posted on 6:44 AM by Unknown
I attended the City Council meeting last night as Hydro Street was finally going to get the go ahead for their expansion and The Auditorium people were going to get the rights to enter the Audi at will (except on weekends when the Mayor thought people would be running around tipping over water coolers and so forth).

Well - Hydro Street did not get the thumbs up OR thumbs down as yet more legal questions were brought up with mortgages and so forth.  This is why both sides need lawyers (CC has one, Hydro does not).  This whole mess could have been done and over months ago.  Lawyers ask all the questions before they arise.  I can not fathom ever doing any large financial decision without a lawyer.  Especially where we're talking a multi-party multi-mortgage deal at about $280,000.

The Auditorium went with only a small hitch and while it's good to look for problems it seems the City Council, which as was told to me "are as exciting as a group of zombie's" (or something to those words) . . . . actually zombies are pretty exciting - seriously - that meeting room just sucks all the energy out of people.  Not a huge fan of that room.

The Mayor went on and on and on and on about how he did not want people running wild all over the building creating havoc on weekends and everybody was in agreement after the first 20 seconds and the final 4:40 was wasted breath.  BUT, it was all ironed out and there should be something in the paper this weekend about the Auditorium.

I'll have more interesting news tomorrow as I'm meeting with Steve Sobiak the Economic Development Director about The Gateway Project this morning.
-----------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know what these tracks are from??    Probably why Milo was so crazy last night.  Whatever it is it has been through the yard a number of times now.

 
-------------------
Probably what you never want to see in your rear view mirror.   We were going through Waterloo and you know that hill just before 89 turns to 55mph on the south side?  yup.  GOT me going 40 in a 30.

Dude said - "is there a reason you were going 40?"   All sorts of comebacks entered my mind but I said "Nope, just driving".

We are pretty sure we were a teaching ticket.  There was one old officer and one very young one who looked like he was embarrassed to give me a warning.  We DID get a $10 ticket because we did not have our proof of insurance in the car (kitchen table for the last week, you know how that is).   We could contest it and have a jury but . . . I think we'll just pay the $10.


Nothing competes with my Winner Winner Chicken Dinner story and Trooper Zang.  

Have a great day - a little less then 4 more inches coming  . . . . that's what she said.

Grinder - I think I have to sign GRINDER here so I can sign Rod over at the more serious blog.  Gotta differentiate the two.   This one is my SHOOTING FROM THE HIP blog.

r
oops
  g  
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ▼  February (10)
      • SNOW
      • Golfers Elbows
      • I have to pitch to the networks.
      • This and that
      • I was reduced to a puddle of goo.
      • Opposable thumbs
      • Columbus Sleigh rally
      • Coyotes
      • City Council Meeting - small blog
      • Jimmy the Stick was not aware if it's shadow
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile