Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

SNOW

Posted on 6:47 AM by Unknown
5.1 inches of snow last night   0.68 inches of precipitation.


Alfalfa
We are kicking butt in total precipitation compared to the last few years.  The farmers are saying this has been a near perfect winter with snow on the ground for most of the season.  The big worry now is if it rains and there is ponding on alfalfa. Not a clue what that means - farmers speak their own language.     
 ---------------------
DJ got stuck going out of the driveway.  The dude with the snow blower doing the sidewalks just watched as we struggled. Thank you very little.

Seems Honda Fits are freakishly low to the ground.

When I went to take snow/precipitation readings I looked  yup, all is clear we could get out of the driveway.

But in the small amount of time that I made that decision and when DJ backed up the snowplow had gone through.  STUCK.

A dude stopped and helped, he introduced himself and I was immediately excited.  Could this really be a member of Creedence Clearwater Revival????   OMG!!  I felt like Jennifer Lawrence meeting Jack Nicholson (* see funny below Youtube - it's why I really like Jennifer Lawrence)   I was totally pumped!  But then I looked at him and he was much younger then I thought a Fogarty would be . . . .wait . . . .Peter Fogarty? Was he the malcontent brother or something? The name did ring a bell.

OHHHH!!!  Peter Fogarty the School Board dude.

Well he helped a bit and we spread used Kitty Litter (You're just a scoop away from freedom) on the street (I'll probably get a ticket for that) and after much work the car was free.

Now Milo will go into the street to poop.

Thanks Pete - really appreciate the attempted help!!  We gotter done!  

Jennifer Lawrence meets Jack Nicholson for the 1st time

http://youtu.be/WJmhsJ5T5L0

----------------------------------------

This morning I'm preparing some photos for the cover of the Madison edition of Yellow Book.  That phone number thing that no one actually looks at.  They contacted me Monday looking for a shot of the Camp Randall archway which they saw on my blog from a few years ago(???)

Camp Randall Archway

They were also interested in Bascom Hall

Bascom Hall


OH MY - I just saw a Yellow Finch outside - I have to go put the Thistle Seed feeder back up  (thistle seed is not actually THISTLE SEED, it's nyger seed).  WOW - snow is cold on bare feet.

Yea - Yellow book.  Madison edition.  Collect them all.  That's pretty much all I know at the moment.

And of course I'm doing the Album cover for the Stellanovas - maybe something like this!  BTW - MAYBE we will have a party this summer with the Stellanovas performing!!  Everybody is invited - bring your own booze!  Can't feed the entire town  LOL



-----------------------------

Hydro Street Brewing got their 80K loan to expand to a 3 barrel system. I can not say enough how Columbus needs more people like Sandye and Aaron.  Entrepreneurship is one of the keys to small town success. They are like small stocks.  So so much upside.  Columbus needs to really cultivate  entrepreneurship.  (note - that word is just a big brain fart for spelling).
 ------------------------

 Did you know that Columbus in the last 6 years is in the bottom 20% in population growth of the 100 towns of 5000pop?
----------------------------

Nuff said for today.

Just looked - there are 3 finches on the feeder, maybe 50 Junkos under the normal feeder with perhaps 50 sparrows in a tree sharing.

cheers grinder



  
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ▼  February (10)
      • SNOW
      • Golfers Elbows
      • I have to pitch to the networks.
      • This and that
      • I was reduced to a puddle of goo.
      • Opposable thumbs
      • Columbus Sleigh rally
      • Coyotes
      • City Council Meeting - small blog
      • Jimmy the Stick was not aware if it's shadow
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile