Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, July 13, 2012

The Godless Particle and why you need to water your grass.

Posted on 5:56 AM by Unknown
WOW - if you want to see a beautiful site, get up about 3:30 in the morning and look east.  Saturn, Venus and the moon are outstanding.  I have never ever seen Venus so bright. It's brighter then the moon.

Yea - I was walking Blake at 3:30am, he got up a half hour early.  Then as I'm back in bed about 4:00 he's rooting around the house following the walls (he stays close to all the walls now) and  AH WOOF!! What?  He barked? he never barks.  AH WOOF  AH WOOF!!   hmmmm  I get up and there he is wedged between the  bathtub and toilet.  Can't go right, can't go left and I guess backing up's not an option.  sigh

Anyway - get up tomorrow morning for two reason - the above Saturn, Venus, Moon trifecta (maybe I'll take photos) and the coming aurora borealis.  Sun had a HUGE explosion and it's coming our way. Hide your children, vaporization is imminent. 

--------------------------------------------

I'm surprised there is not a lot of talk about one of the biggest discovery's ever.  Scientists have been working on this for 50 years.  The Large Hadron Collider has uncovered new evidence of a new elementary particle, the Higgs particle.  Fundamental physics has all of a sudden changed.  Space is NOT a vast void of nothing.  It's actually SOMETHING.  The forces that govern our existence actually interact with what we thought was empty space.

All of a sudden we find out that empty space contains the seed or our existence and empty space actually contains . . . .something.

The problem (as I understand it) was that we all knew that there was a big bang. Heck, scientists have actually been able to HEAR it but the thing was that how could this happen if there was nothing BEFORE the BIG BANG. You can't have an explosion out of nothing right?   Well, what we thought was nothing is actually something.

The Large Hadron Collider reinforces a couple of uncomfortable possibilities.  The first is that everything we know, the universe, us, earth  . . .everything is an accident.  We are the ultimate silly puddy.

The 2nd is that creating something out of nothing is not that hard.  There seems to be a lot more to nothing then we thought.  Space is not void.  Before the big bang there was nothing but space, an endless void of nothing.  But out of nothing BANG, everything.

"The Higgs particle is now arguably more relevant then God".   OH - don't ask me what the heck it is or even how "we" as in humans, found it. 
-----------------------------------------

Water your grass.  YUP, better water it. Not to make it green but to save it.  You see the crown is dehydrating and will soon die.  Grass does become dormant but there is a limit. If the crown dies as the ground temp gets near 80 you will be faced with a few hundred dollars in bills next year reseeding and watering your dead lawns. No rain is one thing but add in extreme heat - it's death to lawns.

The crown needs on average about 1/2 an inch of rain every 2 weeks.  We have had 1/2 inch of rain in a little over 6 weeks and are constantly in the 90s.  Going to be a lot of dead lawns next year.  And don't give me this BS about how expensive water is. it's a myth.  Good grief.   Water is not expensive at all.  Only because we get billed once a month do we THINK it's expensive.
---------------------------------------

Did you know the average teenager texts 3,7000 texts a month?  And they 1/3 of all smartphone users get online before getting out of bed?

That's it - gotta get to work.

Cheers
Rod  
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Pain in the ass Monday
    WOW - I get to work and I have a totally new computer - thing is they took our old ones and reformatted the hard drives so all of my work st...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ▼  July (15)
      • Not a good week for pets - plus and entire Garbage...
      • Railroad Museum and cows
      • In the last nine days Columbus has received 3.59 i...
      • RIP Buddy
      • Bringing home the Bling
      • RAW Madison was a hoot!!!
      • Exploding Tables and stomachs
      • Pain in the ass Monday
      • The Godless Particle and why you need to water you...
      • I almost shot an Eagle, on purpose + insane fireworks
      • RAW photos
      • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
      • Japenese Beetles and Imidacloprid
      • Another cell phone bites the dust
      • The Clay Garden don't need no rain. BAAA!
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile