Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, July 19, 2012

RAW Madison was a hoot!!!

Posted on 6:08 AM by Unknown
In case you are wondering, Columbus officially received 1.46 inches of rain last night.  Madison a little more.
----------------------------------------

I attended or rather "showed" at an event called RAW Madison MIXOLOGY  and wow, that was totally different then I have ever done before and it was pretty darn fun.

I had been wondering if this was some sort of sneaky art scam thing where the the RAW people just made money making artists buy in.  This was felt by a few artists but by the end of the night we were all in agreement that it was a blast and worth all the begging.  This is going to grow into a major monthly event.  I heard a lot of people that were talked into coming say they would definitely come to the next show next month.  Music, fashion, outstanding art, makeup art (didn't see it but . . ).

------------------------------------------------------
Small rant section -

Many people that I sold tickets to came but what sort of ticked me off a little were the organizations that sort of ignored my plea for $10.  I donate a LOT of artwork to the city and  local organizations and not one wanted to help ME out in a time of need.   sigh!  sad.
-------------------------------------------------------

ANYWAY - If you did not come you missed out. The crowd was all ages, everybody dressed to the almost max in cocktail attire, some ties and suits, lots of short short skirts and cocktail dresses. There was better artwork there then at many Arts and Craft Fairs. Some truly outstanding stuff  and a few duds but . . . . The bands were eclectic and interesting.  One rapper guy that preformed wrote that Green Bay Packer anthem a few years ago for the Super Bowl.  He was awesome.



The place was hopping and super friendly - it was like going to a glitzy nightclub but everybody there knows you and is friendly.

This is early - perhaps 8:30ish.


The funny thing was I met a lot of people that I never expected to see.  A couple woman from Jungs Garden Center,  a few from local galleries, friends of friends and so forth.

This guy had the whole balcony area and the photo does not do it justice.  Outsnatding work.


The event was a meet and greet - not a selling event but lots of names were taken and contacts were made.  I'll be real surprised if I don't sell a few things down the road from this show.

Now - I think I'll take a nap.  The show got over about 11:00 - I was all packed by 12:00 and got to bet about 1:00.   I'm blurry and the words are just not flowing at all.

So yea - RAW Madison is certainly something you want to go to for a different kind of entertainment for all ages.   

REMEMBER - Lake Mills Saturday - North side of the "square".

OH - one more thing - did you know that HyVee will give you a tour of their store?  If you have nutritional needs they will personally walk your through the store.  Also I guess every food item has some sort of healthy rating on the labels.  I love that store. Probably the friendliest place I have ever shopped.  I remember Mary saying that they shopped there and left a bag by accident.  She called and they had it and even though it was during a huge snow storm they would deliver it TO FALL RIVER (Lost Lake actually but no one knows where that is . . . . IT'S LOST!!).

THAT is one store that is doing it right.

See ya!



 
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ▼  July (15)
      • Not a good week for pets - plus and entire Garbage...
      • Railroad Museum and cows
      • In the last nine days Columbus has received 3.59 i...
      • RIP Buddy
      • Bringing home the Bling
      • RAW Madison was a hoot!!!
      • Exploding Tables and stomachs
      • Pain in the ass Monday
      • The Godless Particle and why you need to water you...
      • I almost shot an Eagle, on purpose + insane fireworks
      • RAW photos
      • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
      • Japenese Beetles and Imidacloprid
      • Another cell phone bites the dust
      • The Clay Garden don't need no rain. BAAA!
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile