Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, July 30, 2012

Railroad Museum and cows

Posted on 8:02 AM by Unknown
Hydro Street Brewing - Sunday Aug 5th will have live bands in the boulevard next to City Hall from 9:00 to 9:00.  Beer tent with Hydro brew and , Craft and Art Fair,  and all sorts of fun.


----------------------------------------------------

I took a trip to Paoli Thursday to cement details for the Paoli Art Fair and as I was starting my drive back there was a field of Holsteins.  Cows normally do not excite me that much but the clouds were awesome ( you KNOW I love clouds) the lighting great so I stopped.

Inquisitive, yet guarded
-------------------------------------------------

BTW - ever hear the word "Giclée"?  I had a woman ask me if my canvas prints were  "Giclée".  I said yes knowing that she actually had no clue what "Giclée" actually meant.

So here is what Giclée is.  They are prints on canvas.  That's all.  The word started to make the rounds in 1991 when 

I'm working on some images for The Research Institute.  Their vision was to have images Jack Duganne started making prints on canvas with an inkjet printer. He needed to a word that did not have the negative connotations of "inkjet" or "computer generated". SO - he started using Giclée.

Giclée based on the French word gicleur, which means "nozzle" (the verb form gicler means "to squirt").

ANYWAY - I'm actually doing less Giclée currently and printing on Metallic paper which is really nice in on somethings.  I think with HDR it adds another later of  . . . otherness.

Back to the Research people.  Their vision is to have images flow from the Industrial revolution to present day when we reach there conference room which has so name like the imagination room or something.   While they were spitting out ideas they mentioned things like close up of typewriters or printing presses and so forth (bit not typewriters or printing presses).   Luckily the CEO who has a large Giclée of mine said "Just do what you do and get back to me".

So DJ and I took a ride to the Mid Continent Railroad Museum.   This is my 2nd image I produced.  I have to figure out a name for it.

Iron Wheel
   Maybe my brother a railway nut will have a good name for this.  It's the front wheel of three from this behemoth.

 Maybe my brother a railway nut will have a good name for this.  It's the front wheel of three. 

I'll have more from the Museum when I get to them.  
   

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ▼  July (15)
      • Not a good week for pets - plus and entire Garbage...
      • Railroad Museum and cows
      • In the last nine days Columbus has received 3.59 i...
      • RIP Buddy
      • Bringing home the Bling
      • RAW Madison was a hoot!!!
      • Exploding Tables and stomachs
      • Pain in the ass Monday
      • The Godless Particle and why you need to water you...
      • I almost shot an Eagle, on purpose + insane fireworks
      • RAW photos
      • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
      • Japenese Beetles and Imidacloprid
      • Another cell phone bites the dust
      • The Clay Garden don't need no rain. BAAA!
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile