Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, July 27, 2012

Posted on 6:07 AM by Unknown
In the last nine days Columbus has received 3.59 inches of rain! 
-----------------------------------------

Did you know that every new user of Facebook is worth $3.20 to the Facebook Corporation?
---------------------------------------------------

So what have I been up to lately you ask?  It's been a tough week but I'm getting things back under control now.  I won't speak of my golf exploits  - ah hell why not.  Wednesday I had low Net in golf league which has now happened 2 of the last 3 weeks.  Then I won a flag event for longest putt AND had a par on a par 5 where I actually WHIFFED on my 3rd shot.  I ALMOST won the card game that same night but balderdash GRABBED the money out of my hands with JJ when I had 88.
-------------------------------

There is an unadvertised big event happening at Hydro Street Brewery next weekend in the boulevard next to City Hall.  You know me, I'm a huge advocate on advertising to get people to actually know things but . . . . . . seems they feel there is no need to get the word out.  Just sayin' my point of view.  They ARE doing a pretty darn good job otherwise.   OH - Ale and Arts - Sunday August 5th.  Bands on the Boulevard, some sort of art fair thingy but not a clue what it actually is yet - I guess I'll be there but again, the people actually IN it don't know anything about the logistics.  

I was having lunch Wednesday at HSB and had that B17 photo.  I had printed it on metallic paper and dry mounted it.  I brought it with me just as a show and tell thing.  As I waited in the heat at the counter a couple comes up and want to look at it.

We start talking and they are from West Virginia and were renting an RV and just traveling around. They were at New Glarus Brewing and said they might travel up to EAA.  People next to them said "You MUST stop at Hydro Street Brewing in Columbus".

So, they stopped and we were talking and the next thing I know the piece I was going to take to Lovely Days Gallery in Paoli was sold!

  
The first weekend of August I'm doing the Antique and Wooden Boat Show on Lake Waubesa.  Here is the official poster (see, real advertising).  Of course I created this so I'm pumping it up a little. 


The awesome cool thing is that all day Friday I'll be on the Lakes (I think all of them) taking photos and then Saturday I'll have a booth up at Christy's Landing.  This is a new genre' for me so I'm not sure what boat people actually like.  A learning experience.


I seem to be creating more Man Cave Art of late.

Another image I did.  I was looking online to see what other people were doing when it came to Chris Craft boats.  Not a LOT out there there is super outstanding.


OH - adubya pointed me to this video - it's only 30 seconds.


How to Catch a Kangaroo



AND - I'm working on a a large conference room image for Wisconsin Broadcasters and had a meeting with a research institute that is looking to decorate their offices with my work.  That one is still in the beginning stages as we just had the meeting Wednesday. Geez - I'm freakishly busy.

Off to North Freedom tomorrow for photos for hopefully the above!  They told me their vision and now I have to produce  - PRESSURE!!!  

Have a great weekend.

Rod

 
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ▼  July (15)
      • Not a good week for pets - plus and entire Garbage...
      • Railroad Museum and cows
      • In the last nine days Columbus has received 3.59 i...
      • RIP Buddy
      • Bringing home the Bling
      • RAW Madison was a hoot!!!
      • Exploding Tables and stomachs
      • Pain in the ass Monday
      • The Godless Particle and why you need to water you...
      • I almost shot an Eagle, on purpose + insane fireworks
      • RAW photos
      • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
      • Japenese Beetles and Imidacloprid
      • Another cell phone bites the dust
      • The Clay Garden don't need no rain. BAAA!
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile