Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, February 17, 2012

The Columbus Pioneer

Posted on 7:08 AM by Unknown
Yet another image of the Columbus Auditorium.  I'm looking for so good info on the Audi that I'll be able to hang on the wall in Hydro Street Brewery. I'm sure there will be a lot of interest when customers see the images on the walls and it would be nice to have contact information and so forth.   Lets get this ball rolling AGAIN.

Yea - I know people are worn out from the constant struggle but  this is just a REMEMBER? thing - let's not let people forget.


-----------------------------------------------

Remember the Columbus Pioneer?  That good newspaper that Cbus had for like 2 months?  I wrote for them (unpaid) and shared a beer with Joe Morey at the Kurth.  He really liked Columbus but it seemed no one liked buying advertising in his newspaper.  We felt it was because businesses felt by buying advertising in the Pioneer they were putting Paul out of business with the Columbus Journal and Gutter Gussie would have no where to post 2 pages of the all important bowling scores or pictures of people handing checks over to other people.

So Joe who spent $20,000 was leaking money like a sieve.  People LOVED the real newspaper and it was selling well, but in newspapers it's all about advertising.  Even the Hospital refused to spend one dime on the Pioneer.

So after Joe's wife had a baby they had no more money and left town.

Of course everybody was running around with their hands in the air  screaming SCAM SCAM I LOST MY $32 to a SCAMMER.  Good God it was embarrassing listening to that simple minded crap.  Thirty Two Dollars and they decided to get lawyers involved to get their money back. Really?  You know who is going to get money?  Lawyers! 

He filed bankruptcy so no one got their precious $32 back.

Well he is trying to start a new paper up in Wausau (which happens to be where my beer is at in a competition) and he is getting some flak.

Here is the newsy on FOX news.

Fox News Wausau

Joe- good luck to you up there - you had a pretty darn good paper.

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ▼  February (16)
      • THAT is why we like Daytona
      • This and that - waiting
      • Brew Day, Braun, Snow,
      • Small World
      • NO - not politics, DUC Computers and the Auditorium
      • I got nothin!
      • The Columbus Pioneer
      • Police/Beer/Survivor Men vs. Woman!
      • Outing Diversified Utility & Communications E Jame...
      • Is that you Whitney??
      • What? Winter?? Cold?? Quoting Batman
      • The Auditorium
      • Finition de l'eau
      • Columbus Water for brewers.
      • Chlorine is evil and creates Chlorophenols
      • JIMMY THE STICK - YEAR 17
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile