Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, February 13, 2012

Is that you Whitney??

Posted on 6:11 AM by Unknown
I have these two songs going through my head for some reason. On one side is this Adele song and on the other side is Whitney Houston screaming at me, you know the song. HELP!!!!!

But you know what blew me away last night at the Grammys (besides Nicki Minaj's performance which scared me) was The Civil Wars. WOW - BLOW ME AWAY!! I was doing search's this morning and one thing that keeps coming up is "Who are The Civil Wars".

Of course their performance can not be found anywhere because The Grammy people keep everything under lock and key forever which sucks. There are some amazing performances in the past that can never be seen (Pink's acapella from about 5 years ago) . . .anyway . . .

Check out The Civil Wars

http://youtu.be/A-DB2btV2oQ



--------------------------------------------------------

I got a letter from Water and Light.  At first I thought it was going to be a notice that since I was blasting the Columbus water they were going to disconnect me  . . . .but I was wrong.


It was from Vicky Billingclerk saying "Like dude your water bill is like totally bonkers!
Your consumption which is like 3,465 gallons per month and you topped out over 10,000 gallons last month.   Like perhaps you should look for a leak? or something.  (not her exact word).

Well yea - how about the outside faucet mysteriously coming on, would that be classified as a leak?

Madison Mallards Hot Dogs

 I hope so. 

OH - why a hot dog?  I was looking for my faucet leak but came across the hot dog I got at the Mallards game last year and thought it was much more funny!  mmmmmm  ball park hot dogs - and it was cold. The Mallards know how to make hot dogs for sure.
------------------------------------------------------------

Mom?  I put a dent in the car!!

     
--------------------------------------------------

One thing I noticed when I was doing my taxes.  The pension plan does not take enough out of my monthly check for taxes . . OUCH!!!!   Glad I got a job to cover what I owe.

I was going to blast Walker again but I lost interest.  OK - so Wisconsin's budget has a 143 million short fall because we did not collect enough taxes.  Well, YEA - cut $400,000,000 in State employee wages and you come up $140,000,000 short? who could have predicted THAT.

But that least he is taking the Home Mortgage money Wisconsin got to help home owners and using it to fix the budget.   

OH - Walker last year  ....("democrats" relied on one-time federal stimulus dollars as if the money would be there forever – but it’s already gone. Gone are the segregated fund raids, illegal transfers, and accounting gimmicks." -Scott Walker, Budget Address, 1 March 2011.

Well - not entirely I guess.

This is the last 3 months of GDP for the U.S. Wisconsin is ranked NUMBER 3 if you reverse the order! Thank you Mr. Walker.


DJ and I started watching Downton abbey because of a SNL skit!!   After seeing this we were intrigued and now love the show!

http://youtu.be/qE0-BpqDuj4



Anyway - better clean the kitchen, fill out a lawsuit for a computer dude, get dog food, go to the post office, work on another Auditorium image, read more about water (I had a water epiphany last night) get jury photos together and fill out another application for an Art Fair.

Wait - what is that I hear in teh background?? . . . .Is that you Whitney??      MAKE IT STOP!!!!! 

OH - speaking of Auditorium photos!


Have a great week
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ▼  February (16)
      • THAT is why we like Daytona
      • This and that - waiting
      • Brew Day, Braun, Snow,
      • Small World
      • NO - not politics, DUC Computers and the Auditorium
      • I got nothin!
      • The Columbus Pioneer
      • Police/Beer/Survivor Men vs. Woman!
      • Outing Diversified Utility & Communications E Jame...
      • Is that you Whitney??
      • What? Winter?? Cold?? Quoting Batman
      • The Auditorium
      • Finition de l'eau
      • Columbus Water for brewers.
      • Chlorine is evil and creates Chlorophenols
      • JIMMY THE STICK - YEAR 17
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile