Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, February 24, 2012

Brew Day, Braun, Snow,

Posted on 12:01 PM by Unknown
WOW - the trees are magnificent today. Officially (since I'm the NOAA Columbus official) Columbus had 2.0 inches of snow and 0.2 inches of precipitation which seems weird because that is the default amount for water/snow. Another observer in Lake Mills sent a photo to me of their 8 inches!! NOT ONE OF THOSE PHOTOS! dirty minds!
---------------------------------

The BIG news in Wisconsin is Ryan Braun getting a NOT GUILTY vote in his PED case and I think ESPN is going to catch a lot of shit for leaking the whole mess. Remember when the MLB union negotiated their latest contract the random drug testing was in there WITH THE GUARANTEE they any findings would never ever become public.

Geez - guess that didn't work and Braun was dragged over hot coals with GUILTY unless proven innocent. And since no one in history had ever successfully won an appeal - automatically guilty. But not this time. (I won't say I told you so).
-----------------------------------

I had a rough day yesterday.

For most people they go through life in a pretty regimented style. They have 5 day work weeks, work 8 hours a day and everything revolves around work.

What many people find is when they take that regime away life sort of changes in more ways then you thought. NOT working sounds great and it is for the most part but what next???? All of a sudden you are not as . . . important.

I find that I always have a list in my head of things that have to be done. Sunday nights I sort of draw up a schedule, Monday I do this Tuesday I do that Friday is Brew Day and since my photography business is keeping me somewhat "busy" it works out nice.

Yesterday was suppose to be jury duty day but it was canceled. All of a sudden I had an . . off day. A day with nothing planned. I've had a few of these (less then you would think) and every time it's actually depressing. You don't want to sit around watching TV all day wasting your life.

So anybody that finds themselves with no regiment in his future REALLY, get a hobby, get something you can do with your time to make you feel you are accomplishing something. Otherwise you will go NUTS!!

----------------------------------

Brew day - I'm brewing a Kentucky Common a once-popular style of ale from the area in and around Louisville, Kentucky, it's rarely brewed commercially today. Being cheaper than imported beers, it was popular among the working class around the turn of the century . . . last century.

I'm brewing it as a test for some Civil War reeanactors who were looking for Civil War beer. Civil War beer was actually Bud, Miller and the likes but this seems like it would taste a little better . . . well . . . poop would taste better but . . . not that I have tasted poop . . .just sayin'.

------------------------------------------

OK - forgot to actually hit POST! so it's a little late. OH - I took an online spelling test. I average 6 correct words per minute. I think I did something wrong. They should give a test on typing AND correcting.

AND FINALLY!! Check out what Caydence can do!!


have a weekend!
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ▼  February (16)
      • THAT is why we like Daytona
      • This and that - waiting
      • Brew Day, Braun, Snow,
      • Small World
      • NO - not politics, DUC Computers and the Auditorium
      • I got nothin!
      • The Columbus Pioneer
      • Police/Beer/Survivor Men vs. Woman!
      • Outing Diversified Utility & Communications E Jame...
      • Is that you Whitney??
      • What? Winter?? Cold?? Quoting Batman
      • The Auditorium
      • Finition de l'eau
      • Columbus Water for brewers.
      • Chlorine is evil and creates Chlorophenols
      • JIMMY THE STICK - YEAR 17
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile