Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

THAT is why we like Daytona

Posted on 7:24 AM by Unknown
And THAT, is why DJ and I love the Daytona 500. WOW! Just like 100% of the announcers said " In have never seen anything like THAT happen before ". I case you missed it, with 40 laps to go there was a caution flag and all the cars were slowing down to a crawl (like 100 mph or something) and way in the back, all alone were two trucks on the top outside of the track, trailing jet engines that were drying off the track and one lone car . . . . that was having problems.

All of a sudden, in his words, "I was no longer in control and I became a passenger". The car loses grip on the track, spins out of control and rams into the back of one truck with the jet engine.

At that point all hell breaks loose as 200 gallons of jet fuel ignites along with the trucks HUGE tank of diesel fuel!

This is all happening just before we come back from a commercial. No one was hurt.



The race was finally won at 11:50 by local Cambridge dude Matt Kenseth.

OH - the action started in lap #2. The newest sensation on the track is Danica

Patrick. The first woman to race in NASCAR. A winner on the Indy circuit. this is her first BIG race, she is in the lime green car, watch what happens to her!



DJ and I both love watching the Daytona 500. It's a sign of spring coming. Next up is DJs second favorite sports event - The Masters!! I doubt there will be the fireworks in the Masters as there was in Daytona last night.
-----------------------------

News on DUC computer. Seems there are people getting ripped off that I did not know about. Ch27 was going to do a report on DUC but the guy they were helping filed a law suit so they had to drop the case. I'll call Ch27 tomorrow so they can open the case back up.

Watch Ch27, maybe I'll be on it???
---------------------------------

New postcards for Columbus are on the way!  Should have them by next Wednesday.  I'm printing 6 new ones and 3 old ones.

----------------------------------
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ▼  February (16)
      • THAT is why we like Daytona
      • This and that - waiting
      • Brew Day, Braun, Snow,
      • Small World
      • NO - not politics, DUC Computers and the Auditorium
      • I got nothin!
      • The Columbus Pioneer
      • Police/Beer/Survivor Men vs. Woman!
      • Outing Diversified Utility & Communications E Jame...
      • Is that you Whitney??
      • What? Winter?? Cold?? Quoting Batman
      • The Auditorium
      • Finition de l'eau
      • Columbus Water for brewers.
      • Chlorine is evil and creates Chlorophenols
      • JIMMY THE STICK - YEAR 17
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile