Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Republicans Recall - FAIL!!

Posted on 7:53 AM by Unknown
LOL - seems Republican incompetency reaches all levels. This one is the Democratic Dave Hansen recall efforts. Going against Hanson was to be one of the Walker machines favorite John Nygren. Nygren turned in 426 signatures. Only 400 were needed. Problem was that 28 were no good so he only had 398 - TWO SHORT!

So - now David VanderLeest will run against Hanson. Cool thing about VanderLeest is his past which includes a bankruptcy, a home foreclosure, an unpaid judgment, building code violations and a misdemeanor conviction (plus domestic abuse allegations that were never prosecuted). Wait - why is THIS guy not a favorite of the Walker machine, he seems to fit right in.

For Dave Hansen, unless Justice David Prosser chokes the lawyers, life is much easier now.

BTW - I read in the paper that the Supreme Court Justices will now talk to each other using puppets so no one gets hurt.
-----------------------------------------

Wisconsin Football - unless you live in a hole you will know that the Badgers have all of a sudden gone Prime Time and there is a lot of talk about National Championship. Not Rose Bowl, Not Big Ten Championship - but BEST IN THE NATION! The reason is a BIG TIME Quarterback transferred to Wisconsin form his final year. The biggest hole for the Badgers has all of a sudden become their biggest strength.

They still need to fill some holes in the lines but it's not like Wisconsin has problems finding big linemen.

--------------------------------------------

Speaking of our neighbors. I must say in all fairness that for the past 2 weeks they have been working their butts off landscaping (they are not big yard people). They have planted more plants in 2 weeks then Elwood and I have in 2 years! Their place will look great in a few years when things really grow. So perhaps they were just tired of planting or just worrying about all the weeding they will have to do. 
---------------------------------------------

Does anybody watch WEEDS? This is a great show with great writing. Yea it's about pot but still, it's a pretty good dramedy, must be since it's in it's 6th season.

---------------------------------------------

Yet another photo from the Columbus Horse and Carriage Fest 



Have a great day!

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ▼  June (13)
      • Kudzu Jesus
      • Brewers - FAIL And Slavery is a bad thing
      • Republicans Recall - FAIL!!
      • Thistle seed (Nyjer seed) does not make thistles!
      • Cbus news
      • You know you are getting old when
      • The Worlds Greatest EXTRA -and Libertarian Magic Dust
      • Mallards Drunk Blind and Blue Dog Democrates - FAIL
      • What is Wrong with the Economy?
      • I seem to be missing 6.6 Billion dollars. Has any...
      • It's been a while
      • STOP HAVING SEX ON MY YARD
      • Very entertaining
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile